small nations - big project
Working together on free content
An initiative of the Virtual University
for Small States of the Commonwealth
The following is a proposed agenda for Day 1 of Boot Camp. Please feel free to edit it accordingly. The presentations by group leaders are just suggestions. If you think there are more pertinent matters we should present please let us know. Also it is recommended that each team leader present on one topic as suggested below.
Day 1: Monday 7 August, 2006
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. - Official Opening
- Address: Minister of Education (Mauritius)
- Address: University of Mauritius Vice Chancellor's Address
- Address: COL official – Paul West
- Photo Shoot
10:00 – 10:30 a.m – Tea/Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:30 p.m. – Plenary (all four groups together)
- Paul West – Welcome etc.
- Introductions etc. by members and team leaders
- About VUSSC and PCF4
- Coordinator’s presentation (Explanation of the work schedule, task and deliverables, goals) – Sandhya
- Team Leader 1 presentation (Creative Commons license – using open & free content during the process)- Elia?
- Team Leader 2 presentation (Ensuring quality / using the Open eQuality Learning Standards and good instructional design)
- Team Leader 3 presentation (Explanation/discussion re the pedagogical template to be used)- John?
- Team Leader 4 presentation (introducing Wikieducator)
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch
1:30 – 2:00 p.m. – brief tour of facilities to be used and introduction to personnel from the university who will facilitate the process.
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Group breaks up in 2 - perhaps two groups (not four yet) i.e. Tourism and Entrepreneurship
- Ice breakers: getting to know individual team members better
- Further clarification of task (if necessary)
- Identifying unique skills within the group
- Setting group goals and work procedure
- Assigning specific responsibilities to each group member
- Assigning lessons (within the module to be developed) to groups
- Hands-on workshop on the wikieducator
- Agreeing on course outline