Action Research Template
The following template may be used for your action research:
Context of the Problem
- Problem statement and rationale
"teaching a second language to first grade students that do not know how to write and to read (illiteracy)by linking sounds"
Teaching a second language (L2) to first grade students who do not know how to write and to read in their first language (L1) seems like a big trouble that many teachers face.It is difficult to teach a language without the basis, in this case, writing and reading. Many activities help teachers to deal with this problem. Linking pictures with sounds and drawing clues (specially teaching how to write the alphabet) is a strategy that help to learn how to write according to what they hear in both languages.
If learning a second language is very difficult The study of the relationship between reading and writing skills between L1 and L2 has been guided by two theories or hypotheses to explain: the linguistic interdependence hypothesis (Interdependence linguistic hypothesis) (Cummins, 1979, pp. 222-251), which predicts that children who have trouble learning their first language also will have a problem learning a second language.which predicts that children who have problems learning their first language also have a secondlanguage. If the academic skills they acquire are good used, it will be transferred to a second language in the correct way too.
One of the main issues to consider when teaching a second language, especially children, is that several of them can not read or write yet. is very important that both, the teacher base and the English teacher encourage the student to the writing and reading in both languages. children who are developing both languages at the same time can have the tools for a better future and if they produce the L1 with fluency in all the skills, specially in writing and reading, it would be easier that in the moment of producing the L2 they will do it also in a natural way.
"how can I used audiovisual material that help Ss to learn how to write and to learn?"
Method and Materials
- Describe independent variables
- Describe the dependent variables: (a) What was being measured? and (b) How was data collected? (Change these questions to the future tense when developing the procedure section before research has actually been implemented: What will be measured, How will data be collected?)
Results and Data Analysis
Present the findings of the investigation using graphs, tables, etc.
Discuss your results in terms of how they answer your research question(s) or hypothesis. Did your intervention work? What recommendations can you offer? How might others extend this research? Are there any limitations?
Adhere to APA.
--- problem--- "teaching L1 to first grade students that do not know how to write and to read"
--- RQ ---
how can I used audiovisual material that help Ss to learn how to write and to learn?
--- Class to Observe --- first grade Ss in the school: "2010 Centenario de la Revolución Mexicana"
--- three primary research articles---
---Research Dessigned--- qualitative
--- designed--- september
--- Data Collection --- October
--- Analysis--- First half of november
--- writing paper--- November 15th
- This is just a reminder to refer to this video before emailing me your final draft. If you have any questions about APA, come by my office.--Bnleez 22:01, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- Add information to your method section and make sure you include your references in your references section as well. --Bnleez 18:01, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- Avoid subheadings in your Context of the Problem section but do include subheadings in your Method section. Also, begin adding more information to your Method section. --Bnleez 14:38, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Note: For those taking Applied Linguistics for credit, please do the following:
- Copy and paste the template above as a subpage to your user page.
- Adhere to the following approximate word count per section...
- Context of the problem should be 800 words
- Method and Materials should be 500 words
- Results and Data Analysis should be 500 words
- Discussion should be 1,000 words that includes a 250-word conclusion.