- My second attempt in creating a page.
Hello, I’m Kalai from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Currently I’m in Penang, a beautiful state located in the northern part of Malaysia. It is also known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’. I've just joined Wawasan Open University in Penang as a lecturer which explains why I have come to Penang. This a open distance learning university. For more information you can log on to www.wou.edu.my.
I am in the teaching field for about 20 years now and still very much loving it. I don't think I want to do anything else other than teaching. I'm very passionate about imparting knowledge in whatever way I can. My background is in TESL, Teaching English as a Second Language. The area of my specilisation is in reading, writing and currently my interest has taken a to a different direction towards online interactive language learning in English Language.
Learning for content workshop has opened a new horizon in my IT learning environment. I'm very fascinated and enthusiastic about Wikieducator. I've always wondered how do I get to upload materials on the web. I know that one way of doing it is via html, and was not very keen using this method. Now with WikiEducator, it seems so simple and I think I can do wonders with it. For now, I am still at the beginners level, and am still learning how to get around at WikiEducator. Now I feel like I can add on another feather to my hat...ha! However, I must first be able to upload relevant materials on the WikiEducator before I can do that.
The very idea of being able to develop free and open educational content simply blows my mind off, especially when it can be accessed by anyone around the world.
- The heart is a muscular organ in all vertebrates responsible for pumping blood through the blood vessels by repeated, rhythmic contractions, or a similar structure in annelids, mollusks, and arthropods.
- The term cardiac (as in cardiology) means "related to the heart" and comes from the Greek καρδιά, kardia, for "heart."
- The heart of a vertebrate is composed of cardiac muscle, an involuntary muscle tissue which is found only within this organ.
- The average human heart, beating at 72 beats per minute, will beat approximately 2.5 billion times during a lifetime (about 66 years). It weighs on average
- 250 g to 300 g in females and
- 300 g to 350 g in males.