Malnutrition that affects children everywhere, can be reduced or eliminated through innovation, communication and education.
- community organizations
- need - access to information, training, mobilizers, support
- experience, success stories
CIS2 Community Service Learning project
Search the web for sites that describe solutions to world nutrition issues.
- childhood malnutrition
- obesity in poor families
- food distribution restrictions
- dietary restriction
- nutrition and culture
- access to clean water
- nutrition education
For example, the Peanut Butter Project is an example of an innovative solution to childhood malnutrition. This program shows that community partnerships can successfully address these problems. http://www.projectpeanutbutter.org/
For each resource you find, include the web address and the page title, region effected, write a brief description about the significance of the web site in the context of World Nutrition. Add your work below.
success stories, projects in progress, results
- Peanut Butter Project - a revolutionary and inexpensive solution to the childhood malnutrition crisis with production facilities in Malawi and Sierra Leone, two African countries with child mortality rates among the world's highest.
- similar project in Haiti - narrated slideshow
lesson plans, examples of community programs
- Community Empowerment - training for community leaders and organizers
- Friends of African Village Libraries