Learning literacies - Resources
Collection of resources from the course modules
Use it - Technology Operations and Concepts
- The 6-Step Guide To Becoming A Better Learner - Learning is about enriching our minds, honing our skills, and changing the way we see ourselves and the world. It improves our behavior and the way we think by expanding and challenging our understanding. All too often I met students who were waiting for learning to happen, waiting for the right teacher to teach in the right way. But waiting can easily be disguised as productive—it isn’t. There are practices you can engage in right now that puts you on the path of self-education.
- Learning How to Learn - selected short videos produced by students. These videos talk about different strategies for learning.
- Digital Citizenship - “the self-monitored habits that sustain and improve the digital communities you enjoy or depend on.”
- The Definition Of Digital Citizenship - student-friendly approach by defining digital citizenship in terms of its actions and habits: using, sifting, mastering, creating–the literal actions that ultimately define the tone of a student’s interactions with their digital environments. graphic
- 20 Basic Rules For Digital Citizenship - summary of appropriate online behavior in general, and for distance learning courses
- Web Literacies - Exploring, Building, Connecting - weekly discussions - competency from each strand
Time management, Planning
- 26 Time Management Hacks I Wish I'd Known at 20
- Time Management Ninja - blog with frequent tips for managing your time, including keeping your car clean
- Drop the "busy” excuse - But should we be glorifying busy? Are we really overworked or have we just lost focus on the most important elements of our job?
- Top 50 YouTube videos for college students - college life, study tips, research, tools
- The SCIENCE Behind a Successful Student
- Habits of Mind for the New Year: 10 Steps to Actually Accomplish Your Resolutions - written by a teacher for the beginning of the year but these suggestions can help you to reach your goals any time of the year.
- Introduction to Expert Learning - self-regulated learning process - planning one's learning; monitoring progress while implementing the plan; and evaluating the outcome of the plan once it's completed. Self-Regulating Learning (SRL) cycle.
- Without a Plan, You’re Growing Nowhere - Personal growth doesn’t happen by accident. It’s not an automatic process. If you want to guarantee growth, then you need a plan—something strategic, specific, and scheduled.
- Time management - comprehensive list of suggestions and strategies for time management
- Managing Your Time and Study Environment - As you look at how you spend your time, ask yourself if this matches your priorities.
- Academic Success Videos: Time Management(video 16:44)
- 8 Steps for Strong Time Management for College Students
- Video:Top Tips for Time Management in College
- Pomodoro Technique (video 2:21) - time management based on 25 minute intervals.
- How To Use LEGOs To Manage Your Time Better
- 18 Chances You Will Not Regret Taking in Life - "you will likely kick yourself a little for not taking more chances on the infinite number of opportunities you have today."
- What Makes Expert Learners Different? - list of characteristics and a process - Self-Regulating Learning (SRL) cycle
- Tips for online learning success - Take it seriously. If your program requires a long-term obligation, make sure you can commit. Have a realistic understand of the hours the course requires. Develop a plan for how you’ll fit the hours the course requires into your life. ...
- 10 top time-saving tech tips (video 5:44) - simple, clever tips for computer, web, smartphone and camera users.
- Unlike conventional hoarding, which presents tangible problems such as interfering with physical spaces, digital hoarding is more difficult to detect. However, despite the abstract nature of digita...
- Study tips for online courses. Many are the same as for any course format but are especially important for online learning where you need to be self directed.
- generate that motivation you could try some of the following:Visualise yourself startingMake yourself sit down and work even if this is for just 20 minutes. See starting as a parallel process like...
- Self-directed learning, at its core, is taking learning into your own hands and growing from it. It’s a technique that’s drastically different from what’s taught in most schools. In other wor...
- according to the KonMari method, if you follow the steps and declutter your space, you’ll never have to do it again. But even if you’re not ready to take on that challenge, the Marie Kondo way...
Find it - Research and Information Fluency
- Why (and How) You Should Change Up Your Routine, Even if it's Working
- Habits of Mind for the New Year: 10 Steps to Actually Accomplish Your Resolutions - written by a teacher for the beginning of the year but these suggestions can help you to reach your goals any time of the year.
- Stedman Graham on forming your own identity (video 1:21) through your passions and the things you love.
- 7 Characteristics of Great Leaders - Deb Cheslow has spent a lot of time thinking about what makes a great leader, and the characteristics are adapted from her writings.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- How to Focus - infographic
- The Connection Between NASA and Habits - It’s important to understand that it’s not good enough to just decide to break a bad habit. Once the bad habit is gone, what is it replaced with?
- 44 Simple Daily Activities To Enjoy Your Work (Infographic) - When thinking about these daily activities, it’s important to remember that these are things to do for long term changes. You should be trying to build good habits that will make you healthier, happier, and more productive over time.
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
- IXL - comprehensive, standards-aligned math and language arts practice for K–12.
- Khan Academy - library of tutorials
- Getting Ready for Math (video 04:30) - good overview of preparing for college math
- Math resources - tutorials, strategies
- Everything You Need to Know About Becoming a Better Listener
- How to take Cornell notes (video 5:26) - A helpful tutorial on how to take Cornell notes. This explains why you should take them and how.
- 11 Note-Taking Tips For The Digital Classroom - The most effective system will be different for each student and their learning style
- Taking Notes in the 21st Century - infographic with illustrations, statistics and good tips
- Notetaking - strategies, suggestions
- Listening, Notetaking and Using Visual Organizers- listening with questions in your mind or written on paper will help you to stay focused on the lecture.
- Taking Notes: 5 College Success Tips
- Tips for College Note Taking
- Methods Of Note Taking - Cornell Note-Taking System, Mapping, Outline
- Note-taking in a Digital Classroom - infographic with suggestions
- Doing a Lab Write-up] with example.
Search, evaluation, citation, plagiarism
- Google Cheat Sheet
- Google Basic Search Help
- advanced Google searching - a 1 hour (fast!) tutorial
- Search Strategies (2007) What's a search strategy? How do I use Boolean logic in my search? What tutorials are available for students to learn search strategies?
- Finding and Evaluating Sources - Finding Sources of Information, Evaluating Sources - Cornell University
- Evaluating Resources and Using Proper Paraphrasing, Quoting, and Documenting To Avoid Plagiarism - Select information from sources using appropriate search terms. Learn how to paraphrase, make quotes, and include proper citations.
- Search Operators - Narrow down your search results by adding symbols and words to your search called search operators.
- How to Become a Search Ninja: Harnessing the True Power of Google - boost your search skills. If the results are in Google's index, they can be found. Example html cheatsheet filetype:pdf
Creative Commons, images, video
- Creative Commons - a nonprofit organization that enables the sharing and use of creativity and knowledge through free legal tools. Our free, easy-to-use copyright licenses provide a simple, standardized way to give the public permission to share and use your creative work — on conditions of your choice.
- WikiMedia Commons - a media file repository making available public domain and freely-licensed educational media content (images, sound and video clips) to everyone
- Flickr Creative Commons - Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license.
- A Shared Culture (video 3:20) - some of the leading thinkers behind Creative Commons describe how the organization is helping save the world from failed sharing through free tools that enable creators to easily make their work available to the public for legal sharing and remix.
- Wanna Work Together? (video 3:00) - using Creative Commons (CC) licenses to build a better, more vibrant creative culture.
- Each time you search on DuckDuckGo, it’s as if you’ve never been there before. We simply don’t store anything that can tie your searches to you personally, or even tie them together into a se...
- Search the web for sounds and sound effects for free using FindSounds! To get started, type the name of a sound into the search box above OR click on a category of sound effects below.
- web search techniques that work with virtually any search engine, along with a few basic web search skills you need to have for truly successful web searches.You can use a mobile search engine to b...
- Can't find that ever-elusive result you've been searching for? Tired of thinking there's no way to find a result without wading through pages-upon-pages of results? Have you ever wanted...
- targeted search engine for students, teachers, administrators, and caregivers.• Safe - Put your mind at ease with safe search technologies and editor-reviewed content• Authoritative - Search hu...
- Refine image searchesOverall Advanced Search Go to Advanced Image Search. Use filters like region or file type to narrow your results. At the bottom, click Advanced Search.Refine web searc...
- "ExploringReading the WebNavigationUsing software tools to browse the Web Accessing the web using the common features of a browser Using hyperlinks to access a range of resources on the...
Protect it - Identity, Privacy and Copyright
Identity theft, privacy
- PrivacyGrade Grading The Privacy Of Smartphone (Android) Apps from a team of researchers from Carnegie Mellon University. assigned privacy grades to Android apps based on some techniques developed to analyze to their privacy-related behaviors.
- Twelve Really Useful Links You Need to Know to Stay Safe on the Internet - a collection of articles that will help you understand the tricks and tactics used by malware writers and that explain how to set up some powerful computer defenses.
- You Can Create The Perfect Password. Here's How - useful tips for creating and keeping track of your passwords, to better protect your personal information online
- *Passwords - comic illustrates the problems with rules for passwords
- *11 Tips For Students To Manage Their Digital Footprints - Digital Footprint - the record or trail left by the things you do online. Your social media activity, the info on your personal website, your browsing history, your online subscriptions, any photo galleries and videos you’ve uploaded — essentially, anything on the Internet with your name on it.
- *You're Being Watched - even if someone isn't trying to steal your identity, they still want to know everything about you so they can place advertising where you are likely to see it.
- *Here's How Easily Someone Could Hack Into Your Life (Infographic) - If you're reading this, there's 69 percent chance you will become a victim of hacking at some point in your lifetime. And if you think protecting yourself is as easy as changing a couple passwords and installing some anti-virus software, you're 100 percent wrong.
- *How Teens Deal With Privacy and Mobile Apps - how do you compare?
- SciFri 12jul podcast - With the NSA conducting surveillance on our data and Google scanning our email, how can we protect our personal information? Jon Xavier, digital producer at Silicon Valley Business Journal, discusses the services that you can use to make your information more secure and private.
- Cloudsweeper email tools - Safeguarding your cloud based storage.] - tools to help users understand and control their risks online while also conducting research to better understand those risks at a systemic level.
- *DuckDuckGo - Search anonymously. Find instantly. - search engine that does NOT save your search history and share it with the government.
- Ghostery - user-friendly privacy tool to understand and control more than 1,800 trackers that are tracking them when they browse.
- Why Your Mobile Device Isn’t As Secure As You Think - overview of lag of security practices on mobile devices - also an example of a SlideShare presentation
- Facebook: The Privatization of our Privates and Life in the Company Town - complex social networks, privacy, public, ownership, terms of service
- Steal this blog - "Oversharing might result in more risk and unintended consequence than on might think, especially in the long run. If you’re comfortable being a human homing beacon, that’s fine, we just want you to be fully aware of what that means and the potential risk it might involve."
- Three types of online attack: Mikko Hypponen on TED.com - Cybercrime expert Mikko Hypponen talks us through three types of online attack on our privacy and data — and only two are considered crimes.
- First Amendment's protection of freedom of the press - history, details
- Identity Theft: How To Avoid It, Identity Theft: What To Do If It Happens, Lost or Stolen Credit, ATM or Debit Cards
- Identity Theft Information - approximately 15 million United States residents have their identities used fraudulently each year, about $50 billion loss, approximately 7% of all adults have their identities misused, $3,500 losses each. each year 100 million personal identifying information placed at risk when government and corporate databases are lost or stolen.
- 10 Important Password Tips Everyone Should Know - With so many passwords stolen, there are things all of us should know to make our identities and bank accounts safer.
Copyright, citation, plagiarism
- Did I Plagiarize? - infographic
- Can I Use That Picture? - infographic
- Plagiarism: How to Avoid It (video 2:50) - good overview of plagiarism, what it is and how to avoid it.
- Why It’s Time To Change How Students Cite Their Work - Without readily available sources to review, the audience cannot truly evaluate the validity of the project. They are left with what might be a beautiful and elegant project (the product) without knowing the sources used to construct it (the process).
- Citing Sources - Finding the information for your research paper and determining whether that information fits what you need is just the first part of the process. Next, when you’re using this information in your own work, you’ll need to cite your sources to avoid plagiarism. Ethical standards require that you give credit to all published authors for their ideas.
- Plagiarism - Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source is usually enough to prevent plagiarism.
- DeAnza Student Success - Reading - resources, reading strategies, practice articles
- Reading College Texts - preview, ask questions, read for details, review
- Reading Skills - strategies for reading for college
- How to do a Close Reading - developing a deep understanding and a precise interpretation of a literary passage that is based first and foremost on the words themselves. But a close reading does not stop there; rather, it embraces larger themes and ideas evoked and/or implied by the passage itself.
Social media, Twitter
- 50 time-saving social media shortcuts worth knowing
- A Simple Acronym For Encouraging Digital Citizenship
- Newbie's guide to Twitter - Twitter is an interesting and practical real-time messaging system for groups and friends. It's just not completely obvious how to get started.
- 9 Stress-Reducing Truths About Money
- Financial Topics for College Students
- Laugh And Learn About Personal Finance (video 3:17) some ideas about spending and saving
- mint.com - create a personal budget for spending money
- Smart Money Quiz Show - review personal finance topics
- Each time you search on DuckDuckGo, it’s as if you’ve never been there before. We simply don’t store anything that can tie your sea...
- Zoom is still safe to use in most casesZoom security tips-- Join Zoom meetings through your web browser rather than using the Zoom deskto...
- Pi-hole is a network-wide ad blocker. Instead of installing adblockers on every device and every browser, you can install Pi-hole once on...
- practice caution and skepticism until online security becomes second nature, just like driving.We’ll give you the details in this week...
- "What security software should I use? What anti-virus is best? How about a firewall? And what about spyware? Should I use one of the...
- It can be annoying (or even dangerous) to give out your phone number to people you don't know. But most websites asks for a number wh...
- "provides a service to the public. Data breaches are rampant and many people don't appreciate the scale or frequency with which...
- Unfortunately, you can never remove yourself completely from the internet, but there are ways to minimize your online footprint, which wo...
- protecting your privacy and all free speech on the internet. The organization has been fighting for digital rights of all types since 199...
- a primer on how to achieve a good level of privacy online with minimal configuration.These methods should also allow respectable advertis...
- Key messageStaying safe online requires range of skills and attributes from technical knowledge to critical thinking and empathy. These 5...
- This is a simple service that takes the URL of a website as input and lets you know what services are tracking visitors. It looks for tra...
- Internet SafetyStaying safe online is essential in today's world. Use these Internet safety tips to keep yourself and your loved ones...
- There are many different online threats that you need to be aware of. In this video, we're going to show you some of these threats an...
Solve it - Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
Problem solving, critical thinking, learning, dealing with failure
- 16 Practical Tips for Solving Your Problems More Easily - doing some of these things early on can really help you solve the problem faster and with less struggle and pain.
- Creativity and Critical Thinking - lots of questions to guide the critical thinking process
- Einstein’s Secret to Amazing Problem Solving (and 10 Specific Ways You Can Use It) - Einstein is quoted as having said that if he had one hour to save the world he would spend fifty-five minutes defining the problem and only five minutes finding the solution.
- Distributive Leadership - TED Talks - dealing with failure, ordinary people, changing someone's life
- 8 Things Successful People Do - infographic of good ideas for getting ahead
- 35 Psychology-Based Critical Thinking Strategies - written for teachers but you can get plenty of good ideas here that you can use
- Can You Solve This? (video 4:43) - Interesting demonstration of how people can get sidetracked from the actual solution.
- IDEO Learn from Failure (video 1:42] - one of the core values that we all share and implicitly expect from each other. Other core values videos...
- Making Your Foresight 20/20 - employ this same technique – Advance Decision Making – when it comes to other areas of our life
- 6 Channels Of 21st Century Learning - these 6 are emerging or have always existed as powerful players in how learners make meaning: identifying, decoding, evaluating, and sharing fluid media and information.
- The Power of Belief - Mindset and Success (video 10:51) - understand that abilities are developed, adopt learning-oriented behaviors such as deliberate practice to achieve goals
- 32 Habits That Make Thinkers - strategies, actions, or behaviors–that can lead to that critical shift that moves students from mere students to learners who are able to think critically for themselves. Key themes? Patience, scale, and perspective.
- 8 Tips for Becoming a Better Questioner - Innovation starts with questioning. Here's a quick list of 8 things great questioners do that set them apart from everyone else.
- 15 Things You Will Never Hear a Master Questioner Say (video 2:29)
- *Learn by Asking Questions - Asking Questions May Be the Single Most Important Thing You Learn
- Learning To Ask The Right Question - a six-step process for learning to formulate questions and take ownership of learning. The strategy can be used to set a fresh learning agenda for yourself, develop science experiments, create research projects, begin research on a teacher-assigned topic, prepare to write an essay, analyze a word problem, think more deeply about a challenging reading assignment, prepare an interview, or simply get “unstuck.” The four rules are: ask as many questions as you can; do not stop to discuss, judge, or answer any of the questions; write down every question exactly as it was stated; and change any statements into questions.
- 5 Apps To Help You Cope With Anxiety - there is an app from almost everything it seems.
- BYOD Toolchest - created by a teacher, this list outlines mobile apps that students and teachers can use for just about everything related to teaching and learning.
- Hour of Code - main page, video, link to tutorials. Learn to program by directing Angry Bird characters
- Scratch - a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
Tests and exams
- 23 Science-Backed Study Tips to Ace a Test - From talking out loud to taking gym breaks, here are 23 ways to (gasp) get psyched about studying and ace those exams.
- Preparing for Tests and Exams - strategies, suggestions
- Test-taking strategies
- Top 10 Test-Taking Strategies
- College Study Tips for Students - learn how and when to study, and tips and tricks you can use to get ahead.
- 6 finals week disasters to avoid - don’t pull all-nighters, don’t’ drink alcohol to excess and don’t live on Captain Crunch alone. Sleep and proper nutrition are key to your success, but you’ve read that already. Here are six things you might not know.
- How to Write a Resume That Stands Out
- References Available Upon Request - some thoughts about what to include in a resume.
- Exploring Careers
- Video .. If you've ever felt that your efforts in learning don't reflect well on your tests . . you may need some "metacogni...
- the best 10 ways to study smarter and minimize stress when grappling with homework or preparing for important tests.Plan Your BreaksBelie...
- Problem-solving skills help you determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution. Although problem solving is often ident...
- The adventure begins! Episode 1: Ethic awakens in a mysterious cell. Can she and robot Hedge solve the programming puzzles blocking their...
- phenomenon known as “choking,” where despite months, even years, of practice, a person fails right when it matters most. Why does thi...
- Things go sometimes wrong, as they are meant to be. It is the attitude of the individual, how to overcome the circumstances and taking th...
- five-step engineering design process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, and Improve. Did you know you can apply this problem-solving tool to p...
- "Change starts with you. Seriously. Every human on earth—even the most indifferent, laziest person among us—is part of the solut...
- Change is inevitable, yet so many people and businesses used to avoid it or ignore it at all costs.That’s because the system was broken...
- Although they experienced physical symptoms of anxiety and stress initially – elevated blood pressure, respiration and other vital sign...
- Highly recommended for listeners of all ages who have an interest in STEAM - the podcast is also perfect for science and STEM teachers lo...
- the only question they're really focusing on is, "will she fit in around here?"How long are you willing to keep pushing on...
- Project Manager Mimi Aung answers #AskNASA questions about NASA's newly named Mars helicopter -- Ingenuity. Ingenuity will be the fir...
- To make sure your goal is motivating, write down why it's valuable and important to you. Goal setting is a process that starts with c...
Make it - Creativity and Innovation
- Web Literacy Map is part of Mozilla’s ongoing goal to create a generation of webmakers – those who can not only elegantly consume but also write and participate on the web.
- 7 Rules for Being More Productive
- 10 Productivity Guides to Inspire You - for example The Zen Productivity Guide
- Re-imagining work: How can we be more engaged, more productive and happier? (video 9:05) - interesting questions about where and how you work at work, can also apply to school, too
- Inside 80 - Re-balance your energy levels, find your natural pace. Free evaluation but requires registration
- 10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes in Public Speaking - everyone needs to be able to speak in public.
- 10 Awesome Free Tools To Make Infographics - Information graphics, visual representations of data known as infographics, keep the web going these days. Web users, with their diminishing attention spans, are inexorably drawn to these shiny, brightly colored messages with small, relevant, clearly-displayed nuggets of information.
- 9 Awesome Powerful Free Infographic Tools
- In Pictures tutorials] are based on pictures, not words. They walk you through real-world scenarios, step-by-step. There's no complicated multimedia, just screenshots that show exactly what to do.
- Reflective writing (or pdf version) published by the Learning Centre at the University of New South Wales. (Remember to read the subpages of this resource.)
- Reflective writing in education published by Monash University. (Remember to read the subpages of this resource.)
- Research and Writing Papers - One of the most important and overlooked aspects of the writing process is the need to PLAN AHEAD.
- DeAnza Student Success - Writing, Spelling - strategies, tools, Grammar, Vocabulary
- IDEO Values - 7 videos. IDEO is in the business of design and innovation, and their overall success is dependent on the overlaps between everyone’s skills.
- Student Film Festival - 16 selections tell the story of exactly why it's so important that we make sure more classrooms have the kind of cutting-edge technology they promote.
- How To Build Your Tribe - Finding ‘Your People’ - One of the most fundamental human needs is the need to belong.
- Project management for work that matters - simple outline for project work
- The Thiel Foundation today named 24 people into the 2020 class of Thiel Fellows. The Fellowship program, which launched in 2011, encourag...
- interesting recipes for innovation. Here are six ways to improve your own creative thinking and innovation skills…1. Create your own...
- Timeboxes can be used at varying time scales. The “pomodoro technique” organizes personal work around 25-minute timeboxes. In a compl...
- there are many paths to innovation. Here are nine of them.Rule 1: Innovation Is Never A Single EventAlexander Fleming discovered penicill...
- For years, corporations and retailers have blamed each other for the plastic waste polluting our world. But it’s time for them to work...
- Goal setting is an essential part of life. We all need goals in order to help illuminate the road to our hopes and our dreams. They help...
- SMART is a mnemonic/acronym, giving criteria to guide in the setting of objectives, for example in project management, employee-performan...
- "CollaboratingCreating web resources with others Choosing a Web tool to use for a particular contribution/ collaboration Co-cr...
- if you want to make progress and create breakthrough ideas, you need to deliberately jump out of your comfort zone and feed your mind wi...
- When you set an objective for yourself, you should include each step necessary for success. To help, you can use a framework called SMART...
- everyone can be more creative just by taking eight incremental steps, but not necessarily in linear order. His path to creativity is more...
- There is nothing fancy about any of these principles, though they do work best when all are applied together. Build them into your life a...
- the most well-known goal-setting technique is SMART. The acronym encourages us to make goals specific, measurable, agreed-upon (some peop...
- Make time for new ideasAllocate time for thinking about different approaches. For example: set aside time for brainstorming; hold r...
- Academic Integrity (video 5:15) animation with definitions and examples of each
- What it takes to be a successful online student (video 2:47)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Online Discussion Participants - Many online courses depend on discussion participation as an important element of the course for sharing information, providing feedback, quick problem resolution and creating a sense of community within the course.
- Academic Skills short videos
- Career development - links to a number of articles about career development in the current job market. Many reference lifelong learning and the use of technology as key factors.
- Online Colleges and E-Learning Excellence - A student's guide to online education, from getting started to graduation. Learn keys to success and important how-tos from today's leading distance learning experts.
- The Learning Flow - a continuous steady stream of social micro-learning activities – accessible from the web and mobile devices
- Academic Skills - short videos - time management, think like a professor,...
- Academic Skill-Building - * Ten Secrets of University Success * University Time Management * Reading Skills for University * Note-taking at University * Preparing for Tests and Exams
- Khan Academy - practice and level up your skills or choose from thousands of lessons to learn something new.
- Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education - An undergraduate education should prepare students to understand and deal intelligently with modern life.
- Basics of Effective Learning - strategies for effective learning, time management, note-taking, writing, test-taking
- Study Skills
- Developmental Reading, Developmental Writing
- College Literacy, College Success
Peer review, feedback, constructive criticism
- Peer Editing Guide - this guide will help you to make thoughtful comments about another student's work.
Openness, collaboration, sharing
- Openness in education David Wiley proposes 4 R’s — Reuse, Redistribute, Revise, and Remix.
- 10 Tips for Blended Work Environments - A distributed workforce is becoming much more mainstream in today’s economy. Control over path and pace is not just for online learners – it’s for companies now, too. When given flexibility over working location, team members thrive. Allowing team members to work in an environment that is most productive for them has yielded great results.
- Why That Video Went Viral - “People build their online identities by sharing,” he said. “They want people to think of them a certain way.”
- Six-Word Memoirs - a powerful tool to inspire conversation around a big idea, and a simple way for individuals to break the ice.
Health and wellness
- Getting more sleep - The more activity and energy you spend to meet your goals, the more sleep you need to deposit into your account.
- Fast Fitness! The No-Gym, No-Equipment, No-Excuses Workout (with Video!) - no need to set up any equipment. You can do them in your living room or at the park
- Fitness and nutrition tips for college students (video 1:39)
Online volunteering, community service learning
- Online volunteering - thousands (if not millions) of engaged citizens volunteer virtually — using their computers, the Internet, even cell phones.
- Guide to Volunteer Opportunities Online - It has never been easier to volunteer, and it seems to be more popular than ever as people of all ages and abilities look for ways to improve their communities.
- Volunteer Match - online as well as in person volunteering opportunities
- Feedback, as they say, is a gift. Research bears this out, suggesting that it’s a key driver of performance and leadership effectivenes...
- 82% of hiring managers are more likely to choose a candidate with volunteering experience. It’s explained by the fact that recruiters a...
- The STAR interview method is a technique you can use to prepare for behavioral and situational interview questions. STAR stands for: situ...
- influential models for group formation. Based on his observations of group behaviour in different settings and on literature study, he ca...
- Advertising. Good information. there are certain universal practices and tools which work for everyone. Why? Because they can be adjusted...
- Online discussions can help you prepare for class, learn discussion skills, practice your writing skills, and learn from others. To be su...
- This video pays tribute to the people around the world using CC licenses to build a better, more vibrant creative culture. nonprofit orga...
- Coordinate group chats There are a number of online tools such as Skype or Zoom that you can download for free and enable you to coordina...
- "Composing for the WebCreating and curating content for the Web Inserting hyperlinks into a web page Identifying and using HTM...
- Facts and Opinions Explained by Common Craft uses examples of print journalists and television commentators ti help viewers understand wh...
- It can also be used for evil.Now, to be honest, I don’t see this very often because I don’t look for it. I see a whole lot of good in...
- If you want an answer, you have to ask a question. People typically have a lot to say, but they'll volunteer little. Automatic questi...
- Twitter is an interesting and practical real-time messaging system for groups and friends. It's just not completely obvious how to ge...
- a database of 26,492,055 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute Browsing? Please use the search box at the top of this...
2015.01 - 1388