My Profile File:Jpg
I am a passionate teacher and a dyed-in-the-wool West Aucklander. I live with a bright, beautiful (yet blase) teenage boy and an earnest Golden Retriever. More to follow...
- Current: Head of Literacy - Rutherford College
- 2006 – current: Classroom Teacher of English and Language Literacy Alternative – Rutherford College
Full teaching age range (years 9-13) in a 3-level banded school (Learning Support, Mainstream and Kaleidoscope), with particular weight of practice in both lowest and highest band classes.
High rate of referrals for assessment of underachieving and/or gifted students.
Core classroom strategies using differentiation in sensory preferences, learner styles and neural processing.
- 1998 – current: Learning Support/Gifted and Talented tutor of over 300 students 1-1 and groups
Year 7 to 13 English, Health, Mathematics, Science
All levels Meta-cognition including self-esteem, exam and study skills, learning styles.
- 2005 – 2006: Regional Representative – SPELD Auckland, Manukau and Franklin
- 2005 - 2006: Liaison Officer – SPELD Auckland
- Current University of Auckland GradDipTESSOL (on scholarship)
- 2005 SPELD New Zealand Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties
- 2005 University of Massey GradDipSecTchg (English and Health)
- 2001 In-Tuition Development Institute Certificate of Neurolinguistic Programming
- 2000 Hart Life Coaching Institute - Australia Diploma of Life Coaching
- 1981 University of Auckland Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and English)
This word is bold and this word is italics.
- This is my first item.
- This is my second item.
- This is my third item.
I want to make a link to The Dyslexia Foundation of NZ because they are COOL...and helped bring pressure to bear on our Government to officially recognise dyslexia as a Specific Learning Difficulty.
To find out out more about dyslexia in NZ, go here.
To Do List...
- Do my reports.
- Move the mulch from the back lawn to behind the garage.
- Practice this stuff in My Sandbox until I don't lose my headings!!!
"My first header".
"My second subheading".
"My Wiki Project."