Susan S, Special Education Teacher
My Professional Interests:
- Strategies and Processes for Learning
- Differentiated Instruction
- A way of thinking about teaching and learning so that students of differing abilities, interests and needs can be successful learners.
- Universal Design
- The idea that lessons, products, environments can be designed to be as accessible by as many people as possible without special adaptations.
- Leadership for Learning
- Leadership in education doesn't have to mean becoming the administrative figurehead. Leadership can come in many forms and is not necessarily heirarchical.
- Technology Use with Special Needs Students
- Special Needs students can succeed in regular classrooms given support with technology. The solution can be low tech, for example a wrist support, or it can be high tech,for example a DynaVoxDV4.
My Personal Interests:
- Landscaping and Gardening
- Sun,sand and water
As Good As It Gets
--Susan 23:21, 1 February 2009 (UTC)