Lesson Plan 1: Citing Sources
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Strand
- 3 Objective
- 4 Preknowledge
- 5 Preknowledge
- 6 Media
- 7 Assessment
- 8 Summary
This is a modified version of the lesson plan was originally prepared by the participants of the Library and Information Literacy Pilot Project, spearheaded by School Library Services, Trinidad and Tobago.
Intellectual Property Issues.
Strategies/Questions to Guide Learning
- Why do you need to know this information?
- Show different media and explain how copyright affects them all.
- How to locate the different pieces of information needed for bibliographies e.g. recording year, place, company, etc.
Instructional Focus/ Content Sequenced
- MLA format sequence of recording information.
Description of Activity/Instructional Activities/Methodology
- Play music of a popular artist using two CD's; one original and one pirated.
- Do you notice any differences in the packaging of the CD's?