Date & Time : 11, April 2021 04:36
To register for face to face L4C workshop in Delhi (Jan 9 - 12, 2009) please go to WikiEd09
Dr. Savithri Singh has been selected for the Featured WE article of WikiEducatior India page.
Click here to for a tutorial on Wikieducator
|Employer:||Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi|
|Other roles:||Elected Member to WikiEd's 1st Community Council; Curriculum, syllabus and textbook developer for School Science, Curriculum and syllabi development undergraduate courses, Delhi university; development of elearn materials for University and NCERT|
My name is Savithri Singh . I am the Principal of Acharya Narendra Dev College, an Undergraduate college of the University of Delhi with over 30 years of total teaching experience. I am a trained Botanist, but over time my interests have diversified – issues on women, environment, science education - curriculum, syllabus - and access to education specially concern me. I strongly believe in free access to educational content and in collaborative learning not only among peers but also between a student and a teacher. Probably due to my long association with the Centre for Science Education Communication, University of Delhi, I like to introduce myself as a ‘science educationist’. Besides my adminstrative responsibilities, I spent a lot of time with curriculum and syllabus development at the school and University levels and have developed materials for School Science at both primary and senior levels. I am now busy developing elearning content materials at school and college levels. I have been using the Wikieducator for collaborative development of materials in a project involving IGNOU, INBAR, COL, CIBART and ANDC.
I love listening to music – old Hindi film songs of Mukesh are my favourite.
My current passion is to encourage research by faculty and promote workshops for and experiment-based research projects by undergraduate students’ []. I would like to ensure that students get opportunities to work with the best of tools available thus gaining valuable hands-on experience. My vision is to make my college be identified as a Centre for excellence in research in the sciences.
Go vote for Wikieducator at The edublog Awards
Launch of India Chapter of Wikieducator
India Chapter of Wikieducator was launched on 15 November 2008 at India International Centre, New Delhi. Dr M.S. Swaminathan was the chief guest. Wayne Mackintosh presented the wikied from Vanvoucver through video conferencing. I spoke about Wikieducator in the Indian context and about the India-pages. For details (click here)
For more pictures of the event please click this link
- Member National Focus Group on Teaching of Science, [Position paper]
- Member,National Knowledge Commission – Working group on Science and Maths
- Member, CEMCA India Core team on Quality Assurance in Multimedia Learning Materials
- Experience in Developing Undergraduate curriculum and syllabi
- Experience in Developing curriculum, syllabus and textbooks for school science
- Elected member of the First Community Council and Ambassador (click here for details) of WE in India
Please access my campaign page from here.
Complete list of the elected members to the First Community WE Council is available from here..
- B.Sc.(Hons (1973), M.Sc. (1975) and Ph.D (1985) in Botany
- UGC Research Scientist (1988 - 92)
- Conducted two research projects (one funded by UGC and the other by ICAR)
- Reader, Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, Delhi University, 1992-2005
- Fellow at the International Rice Research Institute, Phillippines, 1994-95
- Fellow, Centre for Science Education and Communicarion, University of Delhi 2003-2005
- Principal, Acharya Narendra Dev College wef November 2005
At present involved in
- Bamboo and Rattan project
- Developing resources for undergraduate courses on WE by my college 
- Pilot elearn project of Delhi University
- Elearn project of NCERT
- Conducted two f2f L4C workshops at my college from 3-6 October, 2008
Attended Wikimania 07 at Taiwan, 2007
Presented a Paper at PCF5, London 2008
Conducted a Biotechnology workshop in college for Biology teachers of the various colleges of the University
Deepawali Greetings to all
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='jnx3hm7ua4' size='L' align='L'/>
Slides created from pictures taken at 'Songs of the Sea', Sentosa Island, Singapore, October 2008
- Experiences with Wikieducatormade at the Conference on 'elearning in teacher education' held at University of Delhi, February 2007
Click here for some pics
More pics at picasa
Wikieducator Statistics today
Today is : 11, April 2021
You are watching these stats at 04:36 Hrs.
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|