To design and develop engaging digital teaching, learning and research resources, and support subject matter / content experts, management and admin stakeholders to increase their ease, versatility and performance.
Experienced eLearning project manager and online facilitator who easily bridges technical, educational and management requirements to achieve project goals.
Educational Technology Experience
eLearning Consultant, Online Facilitator & Project Management Contractor
2009 - present
(dba iCentro Networks), Ottawa, Canada
- Designing and developing online courses with faculty / content experts at WikiEducator.org, using a blend of blogs, wikis (Confluence, Mediawiki), Moodle and content and learning management systems.
- Working with small business and nonprofit clients on digital, web-based solutions to increase their corporate profile and take advantage of Web 2.0 functionality
- Converting older, small business sites into standards-based CSS framework
- Conducted needs analysis, course reviews and evaluated requirements for greater interactivity and Web stickiness, stakeholder engagement, collaboration and performance.
- Supported faculty in the redesign of instruction to integrate new technologies, including online facilitation, integrating an online participatory action learning (OPAL) model.
- Designed and delivered Mediawiki editing skills training (e-learning)
- Recommended business development strategy for a Moodle-based, eLearning start-up.
iCentro Networks has the following capabilities:
- Developing Configuring eLearning applications and designing online courses for independent study, blended learning, on-site, instructor-led classes, and distance education programs.
- Project management including needs analysis, business requirements, use cases, testing, user feedback, testing, documentation and publishing.
- Applying theoretical approaches (such as action research / learning) to support higher levels of engagement, interaction and performance.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending tools, budgets, models and best practices in educational technology and learning
- Adapting open source learning software to eLearning corporate and academic initiatives
- Branding, designing site layout, and standardizing flexible course templates for eLearning platforms
- Introducing universal design practices in web-based education to meet accessibility guidelines
- Supporting faculty in the redesign of instruction to integrate new technologies and the development of communities of practice
- Preparing and delivering training sessions and guides for technical users and non-technical users