|Website:||Solomon Islands SchoolNet|
|Employer:||Teaching Service Commission,Ministry of Education|
|Occupation:||Teacher, Principal Henua CHS|
|Other roles:||Chairman,Henua DLCP|
This is my contribution to the LC41 workshop Tourism in Lake Tegano
This is a Form Two Social Studies lesson on the topic:Tourism In The Solomon Islands
- one : Students will be divided into groups of five.
- two : Each group will choose a reporter,chairperson and a secretary.
- three : Each group to discuss the topic.Discussing time is twenty minutes.
- four : Reporting.Each reporter of the group to report back to the whole class.
- one : Plain papers
- two : blue tack
- three : marking pen
- Air fare is expensive.
- Land transport from Tigoa airstrip to lake is expensive.
- Supportive services to the industry is lacking.
- Lack of cooperation between land owners and tourists operators.
- The need to strengthen the weaving and carving industry.
- Political interference.
- Enlisting of Lake Tegano under the world heritage puts the place under international
recognition.Thus,operators can have access to funding.
- Unique plants and animal is an attraction.
- Attractions: birds warching,world war two planes, swimming,historical sites.
- Cruising around the lake.
(: Hi -- looks like you haven't had a chance to practice your skills yet in the wiki. Don't be afraid to try -- you can't break the wiki. Also you don't need to feel rushes or pressured -- you can also join one of our many online sessions. --Wayne Mackintosh 06:41, 19 February 2008 (UTC))