User:Pooja Tyagi/Concept of SSA
Concept OF SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is an effort to universalize elementary education by community-owner ship of the school system. It is a response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country. The SSA programme is also an attempt to provide an opportunity for improving human capabilities to the poorest children, through provision of community-owned quality education in a mission mode.
WHAT IS SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
• A programme with a clear time-frame for universal elementary education.
• A response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country.
• An opportunity for promoting social justice through basic education.
• An effort at effectively involving the Panchayati Raj institutions, the School Management Committees, the Village Education Committees, the Parents’ Teachers’ Associations, the Mother Teacher Associations, the Tribal Autonomous Councils in the management of elementary schools.
• Am expression of political will not universal elementary education at the highest level.
• A partnership between the Central, State and the local government.
• An opportunity for States to develop their own vision of elementary education.