ENGLISH LESSON PLAN FOR CTC
TOPIC: LISTENING TO A PASSAGE FROM MANUMANU’S CANOE.
Lesson 1: 40 minutes.
Students should be able to :
- Recognise English as an important Tuvalu language which gives Tuvaluan an alternative and effective means of communication at a domestic and international level
- Acquire English language skills of listening to help improve their speaking, reading and writing in the same language
- Develop and use their language skills both in schools and community situations and later in life as adult and citizens in society
- Appreciate how language skills can be used for a variety of purposes, settings and audiences
- Develop the use of English as a means of access to appreciate a broad range of books and other materials available in English
- Develop English skills central to learning other school subjects
Students should be able to listen to oral directions and instructions in English for completing given exercises/activities in the same language.
Students should be able to:
- Listen and follow closely the oral instructions for the required activities that follow
- identify the main points in the passage after the second reading
- Write down the answers from the passage for the oral questions
- Ask questions and discuss their mistakes with their teachers
- Correct all their mistakes after discussing them with their teachers or groups
For the teacher:
- A one page Summary of Manumanu’s canoe by ……..
- A list of questions and their answers
- Exercise book and a blue or black pen.
Level 1 - if all answers are correct
Level 2 - one mistake
Level 3 - two mistakes<br Level 4 - three or more mistakes<br