Today is: 27, July 2021
- My name is Maru del Campo . I am currently pursuing a Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education, focusing on Connectivism and Connective Knowledge at the Extended Education and Learning Technologies Centre, University of Manitoba online (scheduled to finish in December 2008). I am in the middle of enabling a life long project to foster Digital Literacy and English among the Spanish Speakers in Mexico. I am exploring blended learning and use of web 2.0 tools for instruction and learning. The process of getting a non profit organization on board to bring DigiBridge.donated PCs has been slow, Andy Pincon's generosity has made possible this dream.
My practice is oriented to the Humanistic Approach or Third Force in Psychology. One of my idols is Carl Rogers. I am one of the founders of the National Association of Human Development (ADEHUM, 2002). I work at MMV® Multidisciplinary Center with Children, Teenagers and Adults in the modalities of Individual Therapy, Marital Therapy, Family Therapy and Group Therapy. I have been practicing since 1983. In some situations I join forces with Neurologists, Psychiatrist, Physical Therapists, Language Therapists or Social Workers depending on the case. I also handle psychometric tests when needed and give workshops to Private and Public organizations when it's required.
- I am Mexican (San Luis Potosí, S.L.P.) residing in Toluca. I have been teaching English as a foreign language to adult learners for over 20 years. Currently I do not have f2f students. I am interested in collaborating with other teachers worldwide to foster Digital Literacy and English Language among the Spanish Speakers Communities and do this on Becoming an e-Learner and BaeL.
- In my free time, I help teenagers and adults become aware of the benefit of using integrating web 2.0 tools for online instruction and learning. I am doing this on a voluntary basis as part of my apostolate because I am passionate about sharing my learning and would like to see e-Learning reachable and free for the Spanish Speaker Community. I believe collaboration and sharing are crucial to enable Digital Literacy and English, hence improving our chances to get a better life quality. We are starting with Learn Freecomputer tutorials and English course. The site in Spanish is Aprende Libre
- I co-founded the SLExperiments Group, with Nergiz Kern and Alicia Barbitta. We meet in Second Life every Friday at 11 AM SLT/PDT (18:00 GMT)Headquarters. You can check our agenda and join any time. My SL ID is Mmvcentro Jewell, please befriend me to offer teleport.
- I practice Vipassana Meditation, Meditacion Vipassana. They give free face to face courses, whether you are taking a 10 days or 3 days course, your lodging expenses are also provided for free. They have Meditation Centers all over the world.
(: Hi Maru ~ Congratulations for taking the initiative and getting a head start. You are an inspiration! --Nellie Deutsch)(: Great page ~ welcome to our growing community!Please add your photograph to your profile)--Hemrom 09:01, 18 October 2008 (UTC)