I am a participant in National Online Training on SLM Indira Gandhi National Open University
Dhing College:Nagaon: Assam:India
Date of Birth: 01-05-69, Marital status: Married, Nationality: Indian::State of Domicile: Assam
Working as Lecturer in English at Dhing College from August 1994 to till date.
Special assignments performed:
- Performed as Assistant Officer-in-charge in both Higher Secondary and TDC Examinations.
- Performed as External Officer in Higher Secondary Final Examinations.
- A Member (subject expert in English ) on the Selection Committee for selection of Lecturer in Dhing College in the year 1998 and 2005.
- Coordinator, Information and Career Guidance Cell (ICGC) of DC for more than five years.
- A Member (subject expert in English for selecting Assistant Teachers in High Schools and High Madrassas in the year 2010.
- Acted as Organizing Secretary of the UGC Sponsored National Seminar in English held at Dhing College in 2007 and 2010 respectively.
- Discharged his duties efficiently as the Returning Officer to the Election of Dhing College Student Union in the year 2011.
- Participated and presented research paper on the topic “Teaching English in Undergraduate Level-Problems & Remedies” in UGC sponsored National Seminar in BKB College, Puronigudam, Nagaon.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Education of Muslim Children in Assam- Problems & Prospects” jointly organized by Axom Sarbo Siksha Abhijan and Markazul Marif (NGO), Nagaon held at Cotton College, Guwahati in 2003.
- Participated and presented research paper entitled “English Conversation Development in large Classrooms—A Study of Collegiate Education in Assam” in National Seminar organized by English Language Teaching Institute, Guwahati, Assam in 2005.
- Participated in National Seminar on “ Need for Entrepreneurship Education in the Changing Scenario” held in Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Guwahati in 2005.
- Participated and presented paper entitled “Globalization, Information Technology and ELT” in National Seminar held at ramrkishna Nagar College, Karimganj in January 29-30, 2006.
- Participated and presented paper entitled “Bilingualism in the age of LPG and IT: Where are we going? In International Seminar organized by English Language Teaching Institute, Guwahati, Assam in March 27-28, 2006.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Theory in Indian Context: Generating New Dynamics” organized by Tezpur University, Tezpur on 27-28 April, 2006.
- Participated and presented paper in National Seminar on “Changing Paradigms and perceptions: Challenges of Contextualizing English Studies in the Global Era” held at Centre for English Language Training, University Engineering College, Osmania University Hyderabad on 29-30 December, 2006.
UGC MRP University Grants Commission on the topic " Use of Internet in Teaching English as Second Language: A Theoretical Approach.
UGC-MRP University Grants Commission on the topic “ Scope of Using Computer in Teaching English: A Study of the Compulsory English Course in the Polytechnics of Assam.
- Participated in a Radio Programme on the topic “ Importance of Vocational Education in Solving the Unemployment Problem” at All India Radio, Nagaon 2003.
- Participated in a Radio Programme on the topic “ Distance Education for Social Development” at All India Radio, Nagaon.
- Participated in a Radio Programme on the topic “ Problems of English Teaching at UG level in Assam” at All India Radio, Nagaon.
- Participated in a Radio Programme on the topic “Community Information Centre in Rural Area” at All India Radio, Nagaon.
- Participated in a radio programme on the topic “ Higher Education for the Students of Assam—Problems and Prospects” at All India Radio, Nagaon.
Making friends, surfing, reading newspapers Thanx This is only a practice.First time online training. It takes a lot of time.
WEB RESOURCE FOR ESL/EFL TEACHERS AND LEARNERS
Compiled by Mamun
- Asian EFL journal http://www.asian-efl-journal.com/
- Australasian Journal of educational technology http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet.html
- Bilingual research journal http://brj.asu.edu/
- CALL-EJ http://www.tell.is.ritsumei.ac.jp/callejonline/index.php
- Computers and composition http://www.computersandcomposition.osu.edu
- ELT journal http://www.oup.com/journal
- English language teacher education and development http://www.cels.bham.ac.uk/ELTED
- ERIC Digests http://www.cal.org/ericcll/digest/index.html
- The Internet TESL journal http://iteslj.org/
- Korea TESOL journal http://www.kotesol.org/publications/journal/
- Language learning and technology http://llt.msu.edu/
- The language teacher http://jalt-publications.org/tlt/
- On-CALL http://www.cltr.uq.edu.au/oncall/home.html
- ReCALL journal http://www.eurocall-languages.org/recall/r_online.html
- TESL-EJ http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/
- On-line English Grammar http://www.edunet.com/english/grammar/index.html
- Guide to Grammar and Style. http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/
- Guide to Grammar and Writing http://www.ccc.comment.edu/grammar
- The Internet Grammar of English http://www.ucl.ac.uk/internet-grammar/home.htm
- The Online English Grammar http://www.edunet.com/english/grammar/index.cfm
- A Web of On-line Dictionaries http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/diction.html
- Merriam-Webster Online http://www.m-w.com
- Oxford English Dictionary http://www.oed.com
- Groves Dictionary of Music and Musicians http://www.grovemusic.com
- Longman Web Dictionary http://www.longmanwebdict.com
- Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary http://www.oup.co.uk/elt/oald
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online http://www.dictionary.cambridge.com