Should Otago Polytechnic be spooked by MOOCs?
What are open online courses?
- Early Open Online Courses
- The "first" MOOC Connectivism and Connective Knowledge, George Siemens and Stephen Downes, 2008
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Stanford, October 2011. (Sebastian Thrun & Peter Norvig)
- xMOOCs (Commercial)
- edX (Research) established by MIT and Harvard
- mOOCs OER university consortium
Pedagogy and technology
- Open Content Licensing for Educators
- Scenario Planning for Educators (University of Canterbury and OER Foundation)
A free content video streamed from Vimeo |
Neal Gillis and Dave Cormier.