|Blog:||also coming soon|
|Employer:||College of Lake County and High School Township District 113|
My name is Bruna Ori. Tom Brokaw said in a commencement address: "It is not enough to wire the world if you short-circuit the soul. Technology without heart is not enough." And that is part of my destiny, to bring heart to technology. It took me a bit of time to come to this conclusion. My dream is to bring the magic of technology to adults through online/distance education.
I have been teaching computer and business classes to adults for 25 years, mostly on a part-time basis while busily doing other things. I have sold both services and products. Another hat I wore was that of a surgical administrator. My super fun hat was when I was a marketing manager for a fleet leasing company and finally admitted that I love cars! Let’s see…I also ran a temporary help company in Milwaukee. That was fun, too. I realized that I was always teaching or training in all my jobs and teaching was the common thread throughout my career.
I am a teacher and a seeker. I look for new opportunities and experiences especially within education and technology. My days are spent integrating technology into different curriculums. I enjoy developing programs for continuing education programs and staff development.
|I live 28 miles north of Chicago on Lake Michigan.|
- 5-day Online Workshop: June 15 - 19, 2009
I have been very lucky to have had an extensive education, both formal and informal. I am ABD (all but dissertation) in adult education. I am quite happy being ABD because I see no reason to finish writing a dissertation even though I have enjoyed everything that has led to it. The working title is/was "Older Adults Renew Their Spirit Through Technology." I loved the research and interviewing my students. I just don't see the need to write it up.
Now my informal education is ongoing...and so much more fun even though I incorporate everything I learned during my formal undergrad/graduate and doctoral programs. My undergraduate degree is in Italian/French and Education. I should have listened to my father and studied Spanish. My graduate and doctoral studies focused on adult education.
All in all, I do believe that I should have been a librarian. I did start a graduate program in it but then forgot about it. I love libraries and books BUT that has all evolved into this wonderfully exciting world of technology!! And that is where my passion lies.
As I reread this I see that I am certainly scattered and splattered. I'm a wannabe librarian who happily teaches technology to adults. And now, I am starting a new phase of technology and teaching...actually I can tell that this will be a wild adventure.
My interests include pretty much anything to do with education, action research, appreciative inquiry, creative and critical thinking, content development, instructional design, conducting workshops, and giving presentations. And there's more...e-learning, Moodle, informal learning, professional development, marketing and online research.
| I live with my dog, Zina.
Bichon Frise/ShihTzu mix
I love reading. I love games of all kinds. Doesn't matter what kind of game. From computer to card to board games, count me in.
|S'annapelago, Modena Italy|
|I was born here. Isn't this lovely?|
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Great to see you in the tutorial, Bruna, and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials?--Phil Bartle 19:39, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations! You have done an incredible job. I am looking forward to seeing your project develop. Please feel free to ask for help. --Nellie Deutsch 07:45, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Bruna, Just a note to say welcome to WikiEducator. Good start on your user page. I added this section at the end of your page so my note didn't end up in your "reflection" section. The other option is to have people leave notes on the discussion (also called talk) page. You can arrange things in whatever way works for you. If you have any questions, just ask! Hope you enjoy the workshop. Your WikiNeighbor, --Alison Snieckus 21:53, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Bruna, I'm Alejandra Guajardo from Peru, I'm your WikiNeighbour!! I see you've already started to work in your user page. Congratulations! Really nice pictures also!! I hope you continue adding content and pictures. If you need help with your user's page or have questions please just let me know here or through my user page. Best wishes --Alejacha 02:30, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi Bruna: I was glad for your feedback on my interests in Freire and Horton and bringing their legacy into the twenty-first century. I was just in Chicago at the end of May at the Adult Education Research Conference (AERC). I was thrilled to be awarded the Phyllis M. Cunningham Award for Social Justice for the work I am doing with popular education and participatory research...the dream I shared with this group. I just wish I felt more competent with all of this. I just have to make time to practice.--Joyce McKnight
- Hello Bruna, I'm impressed by your experience in adult education. I am just starting my teaching experience and I'm trying to applied instructional desing and the ideas of Jane Vella educator, probably you've heard about her. All the codes I've used, I've found and learned them here, at WikiEducator. Only the HTML codes for color are from an external page: . I spent some time visiting the pages of "User Page Expo" winners, where I found many cool ideas for designing my page. Please continue adding content and pictures to your pages. You're doing an excellent job!! Warm regards, --Alejacha 16:38, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- (: Hi Bruna, Welcome to this workshop eL4C41. I am your facilitator along with Anirban, Derek & Sarita. We will help you and will watch your page develop. Enjoy this learning mode and ask for help if needed. Warm Wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:03, 21 July 2010 (UTC))
- Try adding some templates for a higher certification--Dr. Gita Mathur 17:08, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Bruna, congratulations for getting 1st level certification. please update your user page through 'edit' link and follow the day-to day direction of the facilitator.--Anirban 12:43, 29 July 2010 (UTC))
hi Bruna,you were born in a scenic background. however, your interest 'content development' is really suits mine one and i am sure I can learn many things from you. Carry on....