My name is Joseph Wamocha Nasongo. Iam a male adult and citizen of Kenya.I live in Chimoi village overlooking the wonderful scenary of the Webuye water falls on river Nzoia, located in the western provinceof Kenya. My homestead is surrounded by an evergreen forest comprising a variety of tree species. Early mornings are spectacular with different bird species whose voices are angelic. Iam married to a beautiful wife named Lydiah Linet Wamocha who is also a colleague lecturer at the Masinde Muliro university of Science and Technology. We are blessed with three children, two sons and one daughter. They are named:
- Sammy Tumaini nasongo
- Shalom Israel Wamocha
- Joy Tabitha Omufisi
vision, mission and motto
My vision and mision is to teach, educate and impact individuals positively towards realizing their potential
yes we can!
proffession and career
Iam a professional educator who started my teaching carreer in early 1990s as a high school teacher. I taught in two high schools before undertaking my master of education degree in philosophy of education. Since then , I have taught in Maseno University(1998-2003) and currently, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology since 2003. Iam in the department of Educational Foundations, as well as the chairman of the same department. Besides teaching and administration chores, I have been involved in university master plan and strategic plan formulation.
Research interests and achievements
- Researched and wrote my MED thesis on the ideal education for Africa, Kenyatta university,1997
- Currently, undertaking a PHD degree research on feminist epistemology and its implications to education in Kenya.
- I have published a chapter on Authority an existential proposal in Education and reality, eds. Otiende, et al, 2008
- I have three articles that are forthcoming in various journal publications
- Undertaking research on the impact of violent conflict on basic education in Mt. Elgon district, Kenya.
- other areas of research interest include:
Critical and creative Pedagogy, conflict resolution and management, Feminism and education
- Listening to gospel music
- Giving motivation talks
- Bird watching
- Preaching and teaching the christian doctrines