Ibsa Edris Obsa
Date of Birth: 26/10/1988 GC
Marital Status: Married
To change Information Studies/Science/Systems theories into practice and apply the science in the community and merge contemporary concepts into the development programs.
June19, 2008 BSC in Information Studies , Faculty of Natural and Information Science, Department of Information Studies, Jimma University , Ethiopia .
Summary of Qualification
I have got Bsc degree in information Studies from Jimma University on June19, 2008.
Final Year Graduation Research Project
Title: Internet Use Pattern of Undergraduate Students of 2007/8 of Jimma University. I awarded a certificate in recognition of the research I undertaken for my Senior Thesis and I had been selected by the Department of Information Studies and present my work at the ‘’ Annual Students’ Research Symposium” of the Faculty of Natural and Information Science, held on June 04, 2008; Jimma University, Ethiopia.
On Going Project
Translation and Localization of Greenstone Digital Library Software into Afan Oromo – Part I by Ibsa Edris. http://wiki.greenstone.org/wiki/index.php/Greenstone_language_support
- Great ability in team working, sharing ideas, and create smooth social environment.
- Hobby creating a new thing, which is relating to my fields and relevant.
- Participate on the special issues and aspect
- Excellent public relation ability
- Reading and trying to understand about new technological innovations, especially, in the area of Information Science, Geo-Information science and Information technology.
- To be engaged in different Information Science, Geo-Information science, Information technology and communication technology projects.
- To give lecture on my field of study (In both my Major and Minor Courses)
- Involving in technical-skill requiring tasks and being successful in solving technical problems
- Prefer Team Setting approach on any project activity.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS I ATTENDED
1. ABCD LIBRARY SYSTEM SOFTWARE AND GREENSTONE DIGITIZATION SOFTWARE training held from May 18-22, 2009 in Jimma University Library System in collaboration with JU-VLIR/IUC PROJECT.
2. TRAINING ON MACHINE READABLE CATALOGING (MARC) held from 6-8 July 2009 at the JOHN F. KENNEDY MEMORIAL LIBRARY, ADDIS ABABA UNIVERSITY.
3. The train the trainers introductory workshops on Health Information Literacy; Evidence-based medicine; Public Access to Health Information PAHI held August 18 & 19, 2009 by Leicester University & Partnerships in Health Information Supported by the Department if Information Science, Jimma University, Jimma, Ethiopia.
4. AGORA/HINARI/OARE including PROTAbase and TEEAL training workshop conducted September 1-4, 2009 at the International Livestock Research Institute, Ethiopia. This training was offered under the leadership of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and World Health Organization in partnership with Cornell University’s Albert R. Mann Library, with funding from the Rockefeller Foundation.
5. GREENSTONE DIGITIZATION SOFTWARE training held from May 18-28, 2010 in Addis Ababa University in collaboration with JU-VLIR/IUC PROJECT.
6. Advanced ABCD LIBRARY SYSTEM SOFTWARE training for Systems Managers held from October 25- November 6, 2010 in Kenya, Nairobi in collaboration with VLIR/IUC PROJECT.
Oral Level and Written Level English, Afan Oromo and Amharic
NAME: - Ibsa Edris Obsa
Systems Administrator/Librarian & Digitization Expert, University Library System.
Assistant Lecturer, College of Engineering & Technology, Information Science Department
ADDRESS:- P.O. Box: - 378, Jimma, Ethiopia
Phone: - [+251] 0912058129 (Mobile) [+251]0471 11 91 97 (Office)
E-mail: -firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
|Row1 Col1||Row1 Col2||Row1 Col3|
|Row2 Col1||Row2 Col2||Row2 Col3|
|Row3 Col1||Row3 Col2||Row3 Col3|