|Occupation:||High School EFL teacher|
Shalom. I'm Hani Eldor from Ort Motzkin, Israel. I've been teaching for some 25 years and am eager & excited to learn Wiki skills. Actually I'm interested in engaging my students in collaborating with others using English as a common language. I am ready to make mistakes and be corrected.
- BA in English and Hebrew from Haifa University
- MA in Education from Haifa University
- Reading (books, Internet stuff)
- Going out to the movies (I fancy the action movies genre)
- Sailing and hiking
- Singing, listening to music and dancing
- Teaching EFL in High Scool
- Mentoring novice teachers and student-teachers
Married to Simon. We have 2 sons: 27 y/o Alon, and 22 y/o Amir.
Content coming soon...
- internal link: My Booklist
- external link: Ort
I must admit 2 things:
- WikiEducator is addictive. It keeps my mind working and thinking how to switch my old teaching methods to the Wiki ones. I guess I need some time to let the new approaches sink in.
- The idea behind WikiEducator is so exciting! I'm so much enthusiastic about "how to turn the digital divide to digital dividends" that I've already emailed my international colleagues and have translated the Cape Town Declaration to Hebrew...Now awaiting the call to send it.
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hani, you may wish to resize the note. --Nellie Deutsch 09:26, 29 August 2009 (UTC)) Done, thanks for the advice.
(: Hi Hani. I hope that you are enjoying this course. I would love to come to Israel one day soon, another of my travel dreams! -- MaryRobinson ) Hey Mary, you are welcome here!
(: Hani, I am enjoying watching your userpage develop. Let me know how I can be of help as we go. Have you thought about what you'd like to develop on the wiki? --Nellie Deutsch 09:09, 26 August 2009 (UTC)) Yes, I have. Details will follow. It will be a unit on Robert Frost's poem Mending Wall.
(: Hi Hani, I'm Dorothy from Mauritius. Congratulations on your WIKI level award! It feels great isn't it? Gives you even more incentive to work on the user page--Dorothy 11:57, 2 September 2009 (UTC)) Indeed so, Dorothy. It's so weird and yet motivating.
(: Hi Hani, I'm Janet from Italy. I have enjoyed looking through your User page. I hope you are enjoying the course. It's great! Best wishes.--Janet Bianchini 16:55, 2 September 2009 (UTC)) Hey Janet, I am enjoying the course. Hoping to master the techniques soon.
(: Hi Hani - like you, I am hoping to master the techniques soon. I am going to start on Pedagogical templates soon. Well done for already thinking of your worksheet. I need to start thinking of mine pretty soon. All the best, Janet --Janet Bianchini 17:25, 3 September 2009 (UTC))
(: Kia ora and Shalom Hani! Yes I spent several months on Kibbutz Neve Eitan, just east of Beit Shean -working in the cotton and sugar-beet fields, helping with the irrigation and aerial spraying. A long time ago now -just after Yom Kippur war in the mid-70's. Hope you are making good progress with your wikiskills! --Bruce Henderson)
- Click on the link EL4C29.
- The page that will open is the workshop page with all the links you will be using during the workshop.
- See your name in the list of participants.
- Whenever you have time click on each of the boxes.
- You may even start with Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop.