D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Quest for lifelong learning
- Continuous efforts to impart to learners knowledge and skills that are relevant to the demands of the changing times.
- Encouragement to the faculty to adopt innovative methods of teaching that will cater to the needs of learners at various levels.
Learners as the focus
- Regard learners as the focal point of all activities and efforts and adopt policies that effectively meet their needs.
- Impart skills which can translate into practical applications for the industry.
- Support curricular training with co-curricular and extra-curricular activities aimed at building the overall personality of the learners.
- Provide learner-centric academic and personal enrichment opportunities.
- Empowerment to pursue their goals.
- Guide learners towards self-actualization.
Stimulation of active learning
- Enabling critical thinking through freedom of thought and expression.
- Adopting an integrative and inclusive approach towards various disciplines.
- Nurturing talent and creativity.
- Motivating students as well as faculty members to take up research.
- Creating a mindset for inquiry.
- Inculcating analytical attitude.
- Identifying new means of resource generation.
- Optimal deployment of resources.
- Development of state of the art infrastructural facilities.
- Consultative decision-making process that is effectively communicated to all the stake-holders.
- Transparency in functioning.
- Constant assessment and upgradation of processes to ensure maximum productivity.
Collaboration with industry
- Development of synergistic alliances with world-known academic, research and consulting institutions.
- Creating an interface with the industry to ensure that the skills imparted to the learners are in consonance with the needs of the industry.
- Sensitizing learners about social, ecological, economic and political issues.
- Endeavouring to find solutions that will benefit society as a whole.
- Positive role modeling in order to create responsible citizens.