After doing my maths teacher post-grad training in the UK at University of the West of England I worked for three years at Brampton Manor School in East London. Three years later I headed off to New Zealand.
I'm now IT Manager at Pakuranga College. I've been taking a close interest in online learning for many years, and am excited by the momentum that is finally building in this crucial area.
The "Best of British"! Not really - although I had a perfectly good education from a very rural area of Berkshire.
- Faringdon Infants' school
- Faringdon Junior School
- Faringdon School
- Tollington 1980 - 1985
- Faringdon Sixth Form 1985 - 1987
- University of Sussex 1987 - 1990 (Maths)
- University of the West of England 1994 - 1994
Plus the University of Life, or course.
My family generally use up my spare time. Recently I've started doing a bit of Mountain Biking, and managed to get reasonably lost in the Hunua Ranges just last weekend. I used to spend a lot of time with BSA Unit Singles, but family life has put this into abeyance for the foreseeable future.
Plus, of course, I'm interested in how the New Zealand Wikieducator community is progressing.
My degree was in maths, and I trained as a maths teacher. I'll always identify myself primarily as a maths teacher, even though I only teach one class of Calculus a day. I'm also a teacher of Computer Studies and the IT Manager thing keeps me pretty busy as well.
I've put a bit of a history of my time at Pakuranga College on another page
I'm married to the gorgeous Kim, with two beautiful children.
Here's some pics of my family.
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Click on the link EL4C29.
- The page that will open is the workshop page with all the links you will be using during the workshop.
- See your name in the list of participants.
- Whenever you have time click on each of the boxes.
- You may even start with Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop.