Alex's test page
I am a Professional Development Advisor for a small NZ Government Ministry and have been working in learning and development for over 5 years.
Originally a sport administrator/manager I moved in to a learning and development role in 2004. I definately earn more in my current profession so it was a good career change in that regard. I am currently employed by the Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management in NZ which is a branch of the Department of Internal Affairs. I am based in Wellington.
I completed a BBS extramurally through Massey University in 2005 after 10 years part time study. I am currently completing my first post graduate paper - Instructional design for elearning
Professionally I am interested in progressing with instructional design and specialising in elearning. I'd like to freelance in this area in the next few years and break away from the public service.
I am interested in lots of different things away from the job. I maintain a keen interest in sports though I am very much sedentary these days. I have a dog that keeps me busy with visits to rest homes and monthly Beagle Club walks. Other than completing this post graduate paper I like to spend my spare time:
- in the garden,
- whipping up a storm in the kitchen, and
- lots of other things.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
||Will be contributing to a design project for a post graduate diploma paper I am completing from now until early October|
| Target date for completion
||4 October 2010|
||--Alex Tait 07:42, 25 July 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Alex, Welcome to the Wiki. You have made the right decision to join this wonderful learning opportunity, so feel free to get started at any time. Don't hesitate to ask any questions or post them on the Wiki workshop main page under Wiki discussion, where they will be addressed. Alternatively you can either email me or Gita. You had inadvertedly deleted the boiler template on your page. I have reintroduced it, so you are now in the clear. You content is under a sub-folder called "alex's test page" under 'Personal'. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 04:39, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Patricia. As you probably saw from my test page I'm a little nervous about how all this works. I have no clue what the boiler template was!
- Don't worry, Alex, we ALL started just like you, and should you realled make an error, there is nothing you can't revert on WikiEducator, so jump in and try out, best in your Sandbox, so you main page looks clean. By the way, you can sign your comments, so we know when it was done. Use the 10th icon under the Edit button, when you are inputting content. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 20:13, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alex,You are such a great addition to the WikiEducator community. Steer right ahead.--Vkizza 11:20, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Alex, You have developed all the skills, now develop your userpage by filling the infobox, Profile & bringing Sandbox contents here. Ask for help if needed.warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 02:06, 2 August 2010 (UTC))