|Employer:||University of New England (DEHub innovation in distance education)|
I've worked in the tertiary education sector for eighteen years. I have a background in education development, learning/instructional design centred around distance education and academic capacity building.Originally trained as an automotive electrician I quickly moved out of the trade to work in theatre, TV and film for 20 years. Out of work and jaded with the acting I undertook mature aged entrance to university and graduated with Honours with majors in Theatre and History. Needing employment I returned to teach automotive electrics in the Technical and Further Education where I undertook graduate studies in education. In 1989 my partner and I decided on a "tree change" and moved to the country where I was employed as an Instructional Designer in the Distance Education Centre (UNE). I have also worked at the University of Queensland as a lecturer in educational design and as a manager of media development at the Queensland University of Technology. I'm currently working as an education advisor for the DE Hub innovation in distance education.
- BA (Hons), University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Education, ITATE, Sydney College of Advanced Education
- Master of Professional Education, Deakin University
My Interests Professional
My professional interests include the evolution distance education, flexible and online learning, learning environments, Activity Design theory, Phenomenographic research and the management of teaching and learning in technology mediated environments.
My past and present projects
Recent past projects
- 2004 – 2006 Education Consultant, UNE Partnerships for course developments in Frontline Management Certificate and Diploma, Advanced Diploma of Business Management for the Australian Divisions of General Practice (ADGP), Holden College and Practice Nursing.
- 2004 – 2005 Educational Developer (Academic) Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of The Sciences Graduate Attributes Project, University of New England.
- 2004 Education consultancy and report on the educational viability of a one semester course, MMME7024: Incident and Accident Investigation for the Minerals Industry Safety and Health Centre (MISHC), University of Queensland.
- 2002 – 2004 Education Consultant to The Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland and funded by the Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) for a year long course: Mine Planning and Design to be taught across three universities, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales and Curtain University.
- 1999 – 2000 Project Officer for Developing a Process to Expand the Availability of Specialist Low Enrolment Units and Awards by Distance Education. The Teaching and Learning Centre University of New England November. A DETYA funded project 1998 Higher Education Innovation Projects Higher Education Division.
- 1996 Chick, J., Stone, M., Wylie, A., Cater, P & Small, I. 1996, Distance Education Materials and their Use. A Report of a Consultancy undertaken for the Queensland Department of Education by the University of New England, Armidale.
- Content links in Distance education research for Delicious
- Linking content sources of best practice in distance education into WikiEducator
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi there. Well done. You have made a good start. Add a few hyperlinks and upload a picture. Check the cheatsheet (see workshop schedule), and I can upgrade your certification. Warm wishes--Patricia 20:38, 12 October 2009 (UTC))