At present I am employed as an Education Consultant at the University of South Africa (Unisa). I fulfill the duties of, what is generally known, an instructional designer.
I hold the following qualifications:
• BA, Higher Diploma in Education (HDE), and BA Honours, University of Stellenbosch • Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Education and Training, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia
• Certificate in Train-the-Trainer, Damelin Education Group
• MEd Computer-based Education (CBE), University of Johannesburg "
Literature reveals that there is considerable debate as to what conditions and actions most facilitate learning. The variety of learning theories and educational approaches present instructional designers with many difficult design options. This is therefore an area that I frequently review to ensure that the benefits of well-designed learning environments and experiences – with a special interest in computer-based education - are passed on to our students.
Horse riding (Western style), long and arduous hikes and mosaic work are high on the list of spare time activities.'
- I registered for this workshop to find out more about how to develop and use a Wiki. I have very little experience with Wikis, but believe it can be very helpful for online learning purposes.
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Annemarie, Welcome to the Wiki. I see you jumped in with both feet. Well done. You have made your first few entries on your user page. I am here to help, should you have any questions, which you can post on the main workshop page under wiki discussions or by email me. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 17:52, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Add note here