Travel and Tourism/Resources
- Tourism Enterprises has been designed to provide you with a broad understanding of business operations within a tourism organisation. This specialty has been set up as a project - you get to start up and run your own bed and breakfast establishment. During your journey you will look at marketing, financial planning, managerial skills, recruitment, and operating and information systems requirements.
- Reception Services is a broad based specialty - designed to provide tourism operators with skilled front-line staff.
At the completion of this course you will be confident in your ability to demonstrate quality reception and front-line administration procedures, while also having developed excellent customer service and sales skills.
- A travel agency is a business that sells travel related products and services, particularly package tours, to end-user customers on behalf of third party travel suppliers, such as airlines, hotels, tour companies, and cruise lines. In addition to dealing with ordinary tourists, most travel agents have a special department devoted to travel arrangements for business travellers, while some agencies specialise in commercial and business travellers. Some agencies also serve as general service agents for foreign travel companies in different countries
Work-based research project
Resources per unit titles
Please change the above title to correspond with the titles in the unit page
1) Marketing Research: http://flickr.com/photos/jamespaullong/940934988/ Dibb, CS, Simkin, L, Pride, W, and Ferrell, OC (1997) 'Marketing: concepts and strategies, 3rd edition', Houghton Mifflin
3)Market analysis tools
4)marketing-mix-priced http://www.slideshare.net/hillarypjenkins/marketing-mix-priced References to quote for pricing strategies;
6)marketing process http://www.slideshare.net/hillarypjenkins/marketing-process References •Kotler Philip, Bowen John, Makens James. (1999) Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism 2nd edition. Prentice-Hall Inc. USA
7)Buying and selling in tourism:  references ? •Berger. Arthur ASA. (2004) Deconstructing travel – Cultural Perspectives on Tourism. Alta Mira Press, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc, California, USA. •Mancini, Marc. (2003). Connecting with Customers – How to Sell, Service, And Market the Travel
8)Interpretation in Tourism:
Tilden (1977), Interpreting our Heritage Prentice Hall, New Jersey UNC Press
9)Service marketing: http://www.slideshare.net/hillarypjenkins/service-marketing No attribution on opening image of cromwell and Queenstown mall References to com;plete needed for
(Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK)
Zeithaml & Bitner (1996)
10) Leadership (i) No attribution on opening image Hillary to add
Leadership (2) Ref?