What is academic writing?
1. How does academic writing differ from other types of writing?
I consider that academic writing differs from other types of writing since it is formal writing. We have to write about interesting topics in which students, teacher, etc be interested.
2. What is the function of academic papers?
To inform about a certain topic and to provide useful information that helps other to comprehend a topic in a better way.
3. What are the concepts of academic writing?
- Academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars.
- Academic writing is devoted to topics and questions that are of interest to the academic community.
- . Academic writing should present the reader with an informed argument.
4. What does the following statement mean? ...academic writing is writing done by scholars for other scholars.
I think that it refers to the audience we will write to. Students or teacher are going to be our audience so we will write articles in which those people could be interested.
5. Is it okay to include personal responses in an academic paper, why?
I consider that we can do it but we have to be critical and analytical.
6. How does one form an informed argument?
We have to take in consideration what I know about the topic and what I do not know about it and to complemented with more information.