Provide a concise vision statement up-front (i.e. where all this is going). While reading the declaration there were several statements which I thought might have been suitable, though they are probably part of the mission rather than a concise vision statement:
- Unlocking the promise of open educational resources
- to accelerate the international effort to promote open resources, technology and teaching practices in education
- opening up and enlivening the world of education
- a world where each and every person on earth can access and contribute to the sum of all human knowledge (I like this one - like Wikipedia :-)
- to make education both more accessible and more effective
- to increase the reach and impact of open educational resources
The Declaration on libre knowledge starts with the vision statement - comments welcome.
I think a compelling vision statement would add tremendous value to the declaration.
I too like: a world where every person can access and contribute to the sum of all human knowledge - I would preface the vision with something like "We are collaborating with the free knowledge community to build a world where .....
There is a valid debate that OER content is not necessarily knowledge in the sense that it is internalised and used for the benefit of society --- however approaches which encourage citizens to contribute and collaborate in the realisation of this vision would bring knowledge to the table -- so to speak.