Thoughts on the layout for the Math glossary
I've been playing around with the potential layout for individual terms in the glossary:
See for example: MathGloss/A/Absolute_Value
In this format:
- We don't need a subheading for definition or definitions if we're using the pedagogical template for defintions
- I've added a subheading for alternative definitions, eg from Wikipedia or other sources
Once we're happy with the format we can generate an inputbox template which will populate the prospective page with the standard headings. I'm happy with helping you set this up.
Hi Wayne, I think we are getting closer to the definitive layout. I have been analysing the chance to insert various definitions of each term in order to be consistent to the different user ages. e.g. the definition of the term "triangle" must vary in function of the academic level (or age) of the user, or the project.
Here in Mexico, our educational system consist mostly on:
- Kindergarden: 2 years (4-5yr old)
- Primary education: 6 years (6-12 yr old)
- Secondary education: 3 years (13-15 yr old)
- Terciary education (preparatory): 3 years (16-18 yr old)
- University : 4 or 5 years depending on the career.
I don't know the categorization criteria for other countries.
What do you think about adding various definitions for different ages?
The inputbox template is an excellent idea. The less technical issues for users, the more prolific contents we will obtain.
I am happy too to be helpful for WE.
Happy New Year!!