Requiring microblog post
I like mailing lists too ;-)
Perhaps there is a way of combining a number of technologies to achieve the goals. Specifically -- I'm keen to find a solution which:
- facilitates immediate student-student interactions, i.e. sharing thoughts and ideas as they progress through the materials. Something less onerous than drafting a blog post.
- scales well -- think of 500 plus participants per course
- is easy to aggregate a live feed of the tags
- does not require a significant learning curve for newbies
- does not require significant administration as set up on our end.
I was thinking of asking participants to create an account on identi.ca and giving instructions to subscribe to a group set up for this initiative. Twitter users can link their accounts to their identi.ca posts. We can also harvest the feeds from individual blogs users already use.
Let's have a chat and explore options -- still thinking ....