PROJECT FIRECRACKER- PART 1
Part c) Hove I did some reading on PM and identified the following steps on project management. I believe they are the EPM fundamantals. I stand to be corrected.
- Change to Project based orgs
- Emphasize the link between strategy & projects
- understand upper managements influence
- Develop a core team process
- organize for project management
- Develop a project management Information System
- Develop a Plan for project manager selection and development.
- Develop a learning organization
- Develop a Project management initiative
- Develop a project management in your organization.
--Shumimlingo 16:26, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Ok JC. If all are in agreement we can build our part 1 by giving a broad overview of these EPM fundamentals. The need to adopt PM concepts is an easier part of the question which I'm sure we will have no difficulties with. --Shumimlingo 16:36, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
We can also add bit more from wiki - I notice there is a whole infor on project management principles and concepts.
Yeah they are, but they are broad topics in the book. --Shumimlingo 16:37, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
I was asking because i only have about four or five in mind
- Project initiation
- Project planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Closure
- Project Evaluation
these are what i have in my head as the main steps and they match with PM2 and PRINCE2 methodologies although PRINCE2 has about 14 steps