PROJECT FIRECRACKER- PART 1
Last edit: 05:13, 28 March 2011
As per a guide that i sent earlier guys bring your contributions aboard.
a) Identify the project dynamics of Project Firecracker
b) Identify the necessity to adopt PM concepts (Show cause why?)
c) Identify EPM fundamentals (Focus on PM success function and relate to PF)
Part c) Hove I did some reading on PM and identified the following steps on project management. I believe they are the EPM fundamantals. I stand to be corrected.
- Change to Project based orgs
- Emphasize the link between strategy & projects
- understand upper managements influence
- Develop a core team process
- organize for project management
- Develop a project management Information System
- Develop a Plan for project manager selection and development.
- Develop a learning organization
- Develop a Project management initiative
- Develop a project management in your organization.
--Shumimlingo 16:26, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Ok JC. If all are in agreement we can build our part 1 by giving a broad overview of these EPM fundamentals. The need to adopt PM concepts is an easier part of the question which I'm sure we will have no difficulties with. --Shumimlingo 16:36, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
We can also add bit more from wiki - I notice there is a whole infor on project management principles and concepts.
Yeah they are, but they are broad topics in the book. --Shumimlingo 16:37, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
I was asking because i only have about four or five in mind
- Project initiation
- Project planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Closure
- Project Evaluation
these are what i have in my head as the main steps and they match with PM2 and PRINCE2 methodologies although PRINCE2 has about 14 steps