OERu Evaluation kickoff
That's an excellent start. We're privileged to have a knowledgeable and experienced academic to lead the development of our evaluation plan. Thanks for kicking this off.
- I like the idea of a context evaluation and how this can support and inform the development and implementation of the OER project plan.
- I added a subheading for initial ideas on the research questions on the Project Evaluation page -- this way we can capture any ideas for further refinement and discussion.
- The logic model framework is divided into activities for the various initiatives. In detailed planning for each activity, we will identify the inputs, short term outputs and sub-activities needed to achieve these outputs. One of the things we will need to do is identify the means of gathering data to measure our progress on achieving the key performance indicators. Clearly the evaluation plan will help us gather data for this purpose. So here is my question - can we use the context evaluation to help us identify the key performance indicators for the sub-activities in the logic model? (See for example Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation at the Commonwealth of Learning). If this is possible, a few objectives and or research questions might be:
- What are the activities needed in our logic model at this phase of the OERu development?
- What are the key performance indicators for each of the sub-activities to achieve the intended outputs of the relevant activity?
Would appreciate your thoughts and advice on how we can use the evaluation plan to inform the design of our activities in the logic model.