The Nervous System Test Yourself
1. Add the following labels to this diagram of a motor neuron.
- cell body | nucleus | axon | dendrites | myelin sheath | muscle fibres
2. What is a synapse?
3. What is a reflex?
4. Rearrange the parts of a reflex arc given below in the order in which the nerve impulse travels from the sense organ to the muscle.
- sense organ | relay neuron | motor neuron | sensory neuron | muscle fibres
5. Add the following labels to the diagram of the dog’s brain shown below.
- cerebellum | cerebral hemisphere | cerebral cortex | pituitary gland | medulla oblongata
6. What is the function of the meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord
7. Give 3 effects of the action of the sympathetic nervous system.