Learning Design: Anatomy and Physiology of Animals
Scope / Demographics
- 130 Hours
- 16 Units = about 8 hours per unit
- Representative sample: start with Cells
- FGI's - Two groups (F-t-F & DE students). Invite 6 (target 4 per group)
- Determine "iDevices" (pedagogical templates) for the course.
- Fiona and Ruth consult with Leigh re technical set up.
- Fiona create project plan (blue print) and concept plan (storyboard) concurrent with student focus group sessions.
- Apply for funding - OP Innovation fund - Terry and Ruth.
- AKO fund - Bron send information to Ruth who will liaise with Terry or Leigh to write proposal.
- Investigate employing a person to search for images to support development - involvement of WikiEd community.
- Investigate images on free content repositories e.g. Wikicommons.
- Negotiate release time for Ruth.
- Wayne to organise:
- Pedagogical templates;
- Issues table;
- Write letter from COL to support funding proposals;
- Contact WELTEC re critical reviewers of design.
- Graphic design - pedagogical icons, images.
- Develop style guide as go - fonts, headings, references (clickable links).
- Organise image list - include image and link if available - for copyright clearance.
Questions for Student FGI's
These are the sorts of questions I'm thinking about asking students to get a feel for their experience with the current course - and angled to get info for our development. Additions...changes?
- What was it about the course you enjoyed the most?...what stands out as being really excellent...that you'd never get rid of if the course was to change?
- What would you recommend changing...doing away with?
- How would you describe the teaching and learning approach of this course?
- What was the hardest part of the course?
- If you had to list the types of activities you did on the course,what would they be?
- What were some of your favourite activities? Why?
- How did you tackle your study for this course?
- What, if any, support did you need during the course?
- Having done the course, what, in your opinion would be the main challenges for it to run as a distance course?(f-f group) …what is/might be difficult, from your experience?
- Is there anything else you think might be useful for us to know? --Fiona 01:26, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Copyright on images -- need to source open content license versions. Use the image template.
- Conversion of the online interactions (eg quiz) for print version