Template:Community media nav purpose
We believe that Community Media offers powerful and distinct opportunities to contribute to local development, education and governance by providing a variety of information, communication and educational services at a community level.
We believe that Open Educational Resources (OERs) can support learning in all forms that a community needs: whether for secondary school students; farmers or increasing awareness about health issues (such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, diabetes) for the general public.
Media for Learning
We want to encourage the development, use and sharing of Media for Learning including:
- Creating educational content for media, and non-media groups
- Developing training and workshop materials
- Researching effectiveness and uses of radio for local education
Developing Effective Learning Materials
There are many possibilities for learning materials development including:
- Community Media Workshops - Key Priorities
- Developing Effective Learning Programmes for Community Media
- Organisation Development for Community Media.
Strengthening Organisational Development & Building Capacity
Community Media face unique challenges (i.e., smaller size, remote locations and lack of resources) to improve content production and distribution;access new information and reach out and involve local / grassroots communities.
Please use this growing Community Media node to collaboratively develop and share your resources and approaches; showcase your efforts and learning materials; and to strategically network with your colleagues around the world.