Instructions for using the UN population database
To use the UN population database do the following:
- Go to the website here
- Click on Interactive Data
- Click on Total Population ...
- Find the country you have been given, these are listed by region under Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) regions. Once you find it click on its box, and then click on Next.
- Select 2015 and then click on Next
- Click through until you get the population data. Use both sexes combined and the default display option.
- Write down or print the data.
- Click on Start Over
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 but use the following statistics in place of total population: average annual rate of population change (population growth rate), infant mortality, life expectancy (use at age 0), total fertility. For all of these use the period 2010-2015.
- Repeat with average annual rate of population change but now select the following: world, the country's UN development group(s) and Geographic region. To determine the development groups, open the menu and pick Documentation--Definition of Regions.