Department of Education (DE)
- Dr. I. B. Chughtai, Professor and Head, DE
- Dr. B. Ramesh Babu, Professor
- Dr. Ratnamala Arya, Professor
- Dr. Sanjay Kumar Pandagale, Associate Professor
- Dr. N. C. Ojha, Asst. Professor (Selection Grade)
- Dr. Saurabh Kumar, Asst. Professor
Department of Education in Science And Mathematics (DESM)
- Dr. (Mrs) Reeta Sharma, Professor & Head,DESM
- Dr. M.N. Bapat, Professor
- Dr. Jaydeep Mandal, Asso. Professor
- Dr. Lallan Kumar Tiwary, Asso. Professor
- Dr. P. Kulshreshtha, Asso. Professor
- Dr. R. Ravichandran, Asst. Professor
- Dr. K.A.S.S.V.K. Rao, Asst. Professor
- Dr. (Mrs) Chitra Singh, Asst. Professor (Sr. Scale)
- Dr. (Mrs) Rashmi Singhai, Asst. Professor (Sr. Scale)
- Dr. R.P. Prajapati, Asst. Professor
- Dr. A. K. Garg, Asst. Professor
- Dr. D. S. Shankar, Asst. Professor
- Dr. Rashmi Sharma, Asst. Professor
Department of Education in Social Sciences & Humanities (DESSH)
- Dr. R. K. Shukla, Professor & Head, DESSH
- Dr. Nidhi Tiwari, Asso. Professor
- Dr. R.K. Raizada, Asso. Professor
- Dr. Sudhakar G. Wadekar, Asst. Professor
- Ms. Sarika.C.Saju, Asst. Professor
- Mr. Ram Avdhesh Singh, Asst. Professor
- Mr. Suresh Makwana, Asst. Professor
- Mr. Premananda Sethy, Asst. Professor
- Dr. Rizwanul Haque, Asst. Professor
Department of Extension Education (DEE)
To know more about us and our activities/queries please feel free to contact us:
Regional Institute of Education,
Shyamla Hills, Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh, India
PIN Code - 462013
Phone : +91-755-2661463
Fax : +91-755-2661668
Library with accessible internet facility
The Institute has a well equipped and well managed Library and Documentation Centre. Members of the faculty and staff, students and research scholars of the Institute, members of staff at Demonstration School and the participants of various programmes take advantage of the facilities made available by the library. It has a collection of about 60,000 books on various subjects. The Institute also subscribes to about 150 journals/periodicals, both Indian and foreign.
The library also offers various services, such as procuring books from other libraries on Inter-Library Loan, Photostat facility at nominal charges and provides up-to-date computerized information to the staff and the students.
- Computerization of circulation services using Bar-coded Library cards.
- LIBSYS Software platform for Retro-conversion.
- On-line Public Access Catalogue Search Service
ICT Center with accessible internet facility
Campus & Welfare Section
Separate hostels for boys and girls
The Institute provides residence to all students in four furnished hostels. The total intake capacity of four hostels is approximately 500 students. The four Hostels are:
- Santhi Niketan (for girls)– Dr. Nidhi Tiwari,
- Vinay Niketan (for girls)– Dr. L. K. Tiwary
- Vidya Niketan (for boys)– Mr. Mahendra Barua
- Kirti niketan (for boys)– Mr. A. K. Garg, Dr. Kameshwar Rao
Chief Warden:- Dr. Nidhi Tiwari
All the hostels are situated in a serene atmosphere and well designed with a congenial study climate. A mess is attached to each hostel and food served to students is as per a stipulated menu. Discipline and character are the paramount objectives of these hostels as this Institute prepares prospective teachers. Every hostel is managed by a duly elected hostel executive committee under the supervision and guidance of faculty members of the institute.
Branch of State Bank of India
Laboratories in Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Geography, Psychology and Guidance & Counselling.
Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal
Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Bhopal It is a constituent unit of NCERT, New Delhi. The Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Bhopal looks after teacher education and other educational requirements of the States of Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and UTs of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
The Institute is located at Shyamla Hills and is 7 Kms away from both Bhopal and Habibganj railway station and it is about 20 Kms from Raja Bhoj Airport, Bhopal.
Major roles and functions:
- To act as resource centre for conducting research, training and development of school education and teacher education.
- To prepare quality teachers and teacher educators at all levels of school education. This is done through various pre-service courses i.e. B.Sc. B.Ed., B.Ed. M.Ed. and Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling, and in-service teacher training programmes conducted throughout the year.
- To undertake pilot studies and research projects on all aspects of school education.
- To conduct in-service training programmes for teachers, teacher educators, supervisors and administrators concerned with school education and according to the needs of the States/Union Territories of the region.
- To provide necessary help to the state agencies concerned with school education.
- To act as support system for institutions like SCERTs/ DIETs/ CTEs/ IASEsS/ Block Education Centres in the western region
- To produce instructional material for school education.
- To advise state departments of education on policies and programmes related to various aspects of school education.
- To act as monitoring and co-ordination agency for effective implementation of centrally sponsored scheme in the field of school education. For example at present, RIE Bhopal is monitoring institute of SSA for the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To provide consultancy services and extension programmes of national and international level.
Courses offered by RIE, Bhopal
The following courses are offered by the institute at present :
1. Four Year Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Four Year Integrated Course)
- The four-year course, the first of its kind in the country, provides for complete integration of content and pedagogy evenly distributed throughout the duration of the course.
- The 80 students, drawn from the western region admitted to the course every year, are well grounded both in content and pedagogy.
- The two groups opt for (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Physics, Chemistry, Biology) enable them to become TGTs of Maths/Science and TGTs of Science respectively.
- The medium of instruction is English but they are competent to teach through Hindi/English medium.
2. Two Year B.Ed. (Secondary)
- The Two - year course, based on the recommendations of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), and designed to meet the professional requirements of secondary school teachers, provides quality teachers for secondary schools in Science and Maths, and Languages and Social Sciences.
- The 80 students, drawn from the western region and admitted to the course every year, opt for either biological or physical Science and Maths or Social Sciences and Languages. This entitles them to become efficient teachers of Science/Maths, and Social Sciences and Languages respectively.
- Students from Social Sciences and Languages group have to Study any of the five languages – Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati and Marathi. The language that they study during the period enable them to become language teachers of the language concerned.
- History, Geography, Political Science, and Economics are well integrated and taught as a single subject. The course is so designed that the students are well versed in content as well as pedagogy. This enables them to become quality teachers of Social Sciences taught as a single subject at schools at the secondary level.
3. M.Ed. (RIE)
- The one-year M.Ed. (Elementary Education) course is designed on the approval of NCTE to cater to the needs of Elementary Teacher Training Institutions, specially DIETs.
- It prepares teacher educators to work in the area of elementary teacher education.
- The special feature of the course is to prepare teacher educators for Educational Research and field based studies specially in the area of Elementary Education.
At present the course has 25 seats.
4. International Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling
The course aims to train in-service teachers, teacher educators, educational administrators and untrained guidance personnel as counselors or teacher counselors to guide and counsel students in school and related settings. In order to make the course accessible to large numbers, this course has now been redesigned with components of distance/online and face to face mode. For more information on this course visit: www.ncert-idgc.org
- An eight-week internship programme for B.Sc, .B.Ed. students in the fourth year, a three- to- four -week programme for B.Ed. Ist year students, and an eight-week programme for B.Ed. 2nd year students, provides them school experience under SEP (School Experience Programme) which eventually enables them to develop the competencies they would require for imparting quality education in future.
- A practicum (internship) of PGDGC programme is organized for eight weeks for field practical training and assessment.
Field Work with Community
- Field Work with Community is one of the activities students of B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.Ed. are involved in besides Work Experience, Physical Education, and Aesthetic Education.
- It exposes them to the actualities of life that help them develop the skills they would require while interacting with the community in future.
- The Institute is affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal for the award of degrees.
- The PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling is awarded by NCERT.
Campus Placement Cell
- The Campus Placement Cell at the Institute works for the placement of students.
- The students of B.Sc. B.Ed., and B.Ed. have been well placed at KVs , JNVs, DAVs, Atomic Energy Ed. Society and similar other reputed schools of the country.
- The students of PGDGC have been recruited as counsellors at schools and organizations that look for them.
- The students of M.Ed. (Elementary Education) have been employed as teacher educators at different Teacher Training Colleges/Institutions.
- Institute also conducts in-service teacher education courses of short duration throughout the year.
- Seminars and conferences on the issues of school education and teacher education.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an apex resource organization set up by the Government of India, with headquarters at New Delhi, to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on academic matters related to school education.
The NCERT provides academic and technical support for improvement of school education through its constituents, which are as follows:
- National Institute of Education (NIE), New Delhi
- Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), New Delhi
- Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education (PSSCIVE), Bhopal
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Aimer
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Bhopal
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Bhubaneswar
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Mysore
- North-East Regional Institute of Education (NE-RIE), Shillong
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
The NCERT undertakes the following programmes and activities.
Being an apex national body for research in school education, the NCERT performs the important functions of conducting and supporting research and offering training in educational research methodology.
Besides conducting in-house research, the NCERT supports research programmes of other institutions/organisations by providing financial assistance and academic guidance. Assistance is given to scholars for publication of their Ph.D. theses. Research fellowships are offered to encourage studies in school education to create a research base for developmental, training and extension programmes and to create a pool of competent research workers. It also organises courses for educational research workers. The NCERT also organises educational research in the country. It has computer facilities for storing, processing and retrieval of data. It collaborates with international agencies in inter-country research, projects.
Developmental activities in school education constitute an important function of the NCERT. The major developmental activities include development and renewal of curricula and instructional materials for various levels of school education and making them relevant to changing needs of children and society. The innovative developmental activities include development of curricula and instructional materials in school education in the area of pre-school education, formal and non-formal education, vocationalisation of education and teacher education. Developmental activities are also undertaken in the domains of educational technology, population education, and education of the disabled and other special groups.
Another important dimension of NCERT’s activities is the pre-service and in-service training of teachers at various levels; pre-primary, elementary, secondary and higher secondary, and also in such areas as vocational education, educational technology, guidance and counselling, and special education.
The NCERT has comprehensive extension programmes in which various Departments of the NIE, RIEs, CIET, PSSCIVE are engaged in various ways. It works in close collaboration with various agencies and institutions in the states and also works extensively with Extension Service Departments and Centres in teacher training colleges and schools with the purpose of providing assistance to various categories of personnel, including teachers, teacher educators, educational administrators, question-paper setters, textbook writers, etc. Special programmes are organised for the education of the disadvantaged sections of the society. The extension programmes cover all States and Union Territories of the country.
Publication and Dissemination
The NCERT publishes textbooks for different school subjects for Classes I to XII. It also brings out workbooJks, teachers guides, supplementary readers, research reports, etc. In addition, it publishes instructional materials for the use of teacher educators, teacher trainees and in-service teachers. These are made available to state level agencies for adoption and/or adaptation. The textbooks are published in English, Hindi and Urdu.
For dissemination of educational information, or the NCERT publishes six journals: The Primary Teacher is published both in English and Hindi and aims at giving meaningful and relevant educational inputs to primary school teachers for direct use in the classroom; School Science serves as an open forum for discussion on various aspects of science education; Journal of Indian Education provides a forum for encouraging original and critical thinking in education through discussion on current educational issues; Indian Educational Reviewcontains research articles and provides a forum for researchers in education; and BharatiyaAdhunik Shiksha, published in Hindi, provides a forum for encouraging critical thinking in education on contemporary issues and for dissemination of educational problems and practices. Besides these, a house journal called NCERT Newsletter is also published in English and Hindi. The title of the Hindi version of the newsletter is Shaikshik Darpan.
The NCERT interacts with international organisations such as UNESCO, UNICEF, UNDP, NFPA and the World Bank to study specific educational problems and to arrange training programmes for personnel from developing countries. It is one of the Associated Centres of APEID. It also acts as the Secretariat of the National Development Group (NDG) for Educational Innovations.. On request, the faculty members are deputed to participate in international conferences, seminars, workshops, symposia, etc.
For more details please visit http://www.ncert.nic.in