Process domestic and international accommodation/Activities/Hotel Chains and Consortiums
Students can identify accommodation chains and/or consortiums in terms of world regions in which they are represented
Assessed as per Unit Standard 18217 Element 1.3
1. In your own words explain what "hotel chains/consortiums" are
2. Please provide 4 examples - 3 international and 1 domestic and where they are located
3. Provide two advantages of this type of operation
4. Provide two disadvantages
When your completing this activity take the opportunity to:
- Look at who runs the organisation eg. is it a family chain, or owned by a company
- Where is the head office?
- Where are the new hotels being built?
- Are there areas in the world where there are few hotel chains - why?