Verbs change thier form to show the time . These changes in form to show the time are called tenses.Tenses are made in three ways:
- By change in spelling [ sing, sang, sung]
- By change in ending[walk walked]
- By change in helping verbs[ has walked, will walk]
Here are five important tenses you should know.
- Present Simple Tense
- Past Tense
- Future Tense
- Present Perfect
- Past Prefect Tense.
The Present Simple does not necessarily indicate an action in the present time.It is also used for the followimg,
- To denote an action that takes place regularly [habitual action] eg She walks everyday [ For general Truths] eg It is cold in the dry season. This tense is formed by the base verb and an addition of [S] for the third person singular. 1st person Singular eg I walk 2ND PERSON SIGULAR EG YOU WALK 3rd Person Singular he/she/it walk[s]
- I READ UNTIL LATE EVERYDAY.
- AMA EATS WELL
Abibata031 15:31, 26 February 2007 (CET)