Scribd “is a document-sharing website that allows users to post documents of various formats, and embed them into a web page using its iPaper format. Scribd was founded by Trip Adler, Tikhon Bernstam, and Jared Friedman in 2006”.
Features: Scribd allows lot of features. Some important features are explained as follows:
1. Allows various types of file: You can share virtually any type of file on Scribd.com including Word documents, PDF's, Excel documents, Powerpoint, image files and more.
2. Embedding: Scribd documents can easily be embedded in other web pages, such as your blog or Myspace profile. Just copy and paste the embed code on the right side of each document.
3. Audio downloads: It provides high quality text-to-speech converter, which allow you to download the audio version as an mp3 format. This means you can use Scribd to convert a book to a format you can listen to on your iPod or Tablet computers.
4. Search Engine: Scribd provides powerful search engines, which allow you to get the relevant document and page links.
5. Traffic analytics: It provide the various reports for document viewed history, number of new users visited to this document, number of users downloaded details etc.
6. Favorites link: This link allows saving a document in your “favorites” so you can come back and find it later.
Video: http://youtu.be/RwCqvHyhM5I, How to use Scribd?
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|