Proposal for action: National framework for OER
< New Zealand Open Education Network(Redirected from Otago Polytechnic/National Symposium on Open Education/Group 2: Proposal for action)
NAME OF PROPOSAL
A National Framework for Open Educational Resources
Aims of the activity (longer term)
Objectives of the activity (short term)
- To raise awareness of the potential of OER at all levels – government, tertiary, industry and community
- Make the case for OER as a public policy matter, by identifying potential applications and benefits at individual learner, institutional, sector and system levels.
Narrative description of what you will do
- Put a coherent description of the potential of OER to the Minister
- Speak to key government ministries, agencies and officials, e.g. TEC, MoE, NZQA
- Publicise this symposium, as well as the OER initiatives underway in NZ; and those being successfully implemented internationally, i.e. tell the stories
- Undertake a detailed analysis of possible scenarios for OER uptake in NZ – including financial modelling
- Extrapolate policy implications of different OER scenarios
What inputs are required?
- Analyst time
- Writer of success stories
- Preparation of resources for presentations to key people
Group decisions for this activity including who and when.
- Commission financial modelling of different OER uptake scenarios in the tertiary sector – by February 28th, 2013 – Phil Ker