OLPC Kosrae/Workshops/Workshop January 2010/Earths-layer-lesson-plan
Subject: Science/Layers of the Earth
Grade Level: 7th Grade
Teacher: Donald J. Mongkeya
Time: 45 min.
By the end of this lesson, the learners will be able to identify the three(3) layers of Earth and their compositions with 90% accuracy within the time given.
Laptop, WikiEducator (or Schools Wikipedia on School Server), Pencils, Books, and the Board.
- Introduce the lesson
- Show the students some illustrations of the Earth's layers and compositions.
- Explain the importance of the lesson.
- List and explain the layers of the Earth and their compositions.
C) Guided Practice:
- Divide the students in groups of three(3).
- Each group should draw or label a layer using the "eToy" activity on the laptop.
- The instructor will roam around assisting each group
- After 15-20min., each will share their work with each other(presentations).
- Have each student work individually on an activity by writing a "short essay" of, "What will become of Earth and its layers in the next million years to come?"
- Give the learners an assignment to work on at home.
- In the given assignment, the students should visit again the wikiEducator website and pick-out any picture regarding the Earth's layers or its compositions and share it in class the next day.
- Evaluation will be based on activities provided on the lesson. After covering up the lesson, a quiz will be given.