OLPC Kosrae/Lesson Plans/LP2
Date: 26th January 2010
By the end of this lesson, children would be able to:
- recognise the various punctuations and their uses (inverted commas, apostrophe, exclamation mark, etc) ii.
- write a dialogue and to use punctuations using CHAT and SPEAK activity.
Resources: Laptops, charts
Laptop Activity: Chat, Speak.
Classroom Management: 1 group to work with laptops, while others to work with charts given.
|Teachers activities||Children activities|
| Discuss with the children about the topic 'PUNCTUATION'
Explain and Demonstrate to them how to use the laptop in this activity
Explain to them another activity.
They have to use their partner and do a dialogue using the chat activity, and they are to use punctuation.
| Give response
- Prepare some long sentences without punctuation and ask them to try using Speak Activity to add punctuation.
- Divide in groups or pairs and they can use chat and add punctuation and Speak to test the pronunciation. They can use Speak Chat mode to test their finished punctuated sentences against each other.
- Test the best grouping method for the collaborative Speak-Chat activity. Pairs may be difficult, it may be best to divide into groups of larger numbers and then pair the groups (i.e. use one laptop only per group to do the collaborative chatting, whilst the other children can test using their laptops in stand alone mode.