Group 3 critical friend reveiw
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
What is the OERu doing well?
- working groups made immense progress in past year
- making meetings happen annually in opposite parts of the world as well as regional meetings to skill up other staff in our universities
- Hewlett Foundation says OERu is the most efficient user of funds
Where or how can the OERu network improve?
- more work on dark learning i.e.articulating the graduate capabilities/generic skills in each subject offering - how much of it is there in a partner's BGS - uncovering that will be important
- more finished courses and an actual degree (terminology to be clarified both for partners and students)
- system for supporting institutions that don't have design/development expertise - more use of OER and open courseware in our design
What are the top 3 priorities this partner meeting should address?
- a coherent Bachelor of General Studies
- a publicised Graduate Certificate Open Learning
- marketing OERu to generate students and generate new partners
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.