Proposal for Action: Streamlining procedures for nominating courses and supporting design documentation
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
- 1 Strategic goal
- 2 Strategic objective
- 3 Strategic approach
- 4 Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
- 5 2015 outputs
- 6 Clarifying notes, issues and additional considerations
- 7 Summary description
- 8 Inputs
- 9 Activity schedule
- 10 Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
Objective 3: Develop and implement procedures for streamlining the nomination of OERu courses and supporting design documentation
- Autonomy of OERu partners to manage their own partner and course descriptions on the OERu public website.
- Encourage open development of design documentation to minimise duplication of effort, leverage cooperation in the network and diversify the range of assessment services.
Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
(Provide recommendation for recalibrated target if necessary)
- Review process and lessons learned from previous nomination calls.
- Develop and publish streamlined process for course nominations and supporting design documentation.
- 100% of OERu partners assign an administrator for their pages on the Content Management System.
- Review of nomination and design documentation used to date
- Collaborative design of streamlined OERu process taking scalability into account for:
- Course nominations
- Course descriptions for the public OERu website
- Design blueprint
- Improve processes for maintaining and updating information on the OERu public website
- Consider solutions for assuring quality and accuracy of public information on the OERu website.
Clarifying notes, issues and additional considerations
- Not all partners have assigned local contact for the CMS administrator register.
- Delays in publishing course descriptions for the OERu website.
- OERu partners not keeping anticipated dates of delivery up to date.
Provide short description / overview of this proposal for action here
- Approach used to date:
- Publish the call for nominations and suggested criteria on the wiki planning portal with a suggested due date.
- Call for nominations and reminders are distributed via the partner's email planning list.
- Online form and corresponding wiki page is used to publish nominations received.
- OERu partners are invited to complete the short course summary which is published on the OERu public website. (OERu partners assign a local administrator who are provided with editing rights on the OERu content management system to maintain their course and partner pages.)
- OERu design and development workflow
- Draft design blueprint template
- Example of course description for OERu website
- Draft course development summary
|#||Activity||Summary description||Responsibility||Target date / Duration|
|Example||Survey 1st year BGS requirements||Conduct a survey of OERu partners with a BGS to determine subject requirements for 1st year of study||Curriculum & programme of study group (or individual / institution)||15 April 2015 (or ongoing)|
|2||Nomination to completion timeframe survey||Concern re slow progress from nomination to completed offereing. Need to see how big the risk is for 2015. Survey nominated subjects re realistic completion timeframes||Management Working Group||December 2014|
|3||Course completion sprint||Use the survey data to identify the nearly done courses and call for volunteers to partner with them to finish them - course completion sprints||All partners, all members||December 2014 and/or February 2015|
|4||Iterative development of course approvals procedures||Continue to work on the 2015 priorities: Interest in pro-active calls for subjects, asking for realistic timelines for completion, discouraging nominations that can't realistically be delivered within 12 months, financial incentives ie can we provide some small funds to help those over 50% finished to complete?||Course Quality and Approvals Working Group||January - February 2015|
|5||Course nominations to ask for team||Put a step in the nomination process to ask for who will fill key functions ie contact person for feedback, technical advisor, instructional designer, subject matter expertise||Course Quality and Approvals working group||February 2015|
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.