Proposal for Action: Strategic Goal 1, Objective 2 (AVI component)
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
- 1 Strategic goal
- 2 Strategic objective
- 3 Strategic approach
- 4 Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
- 5 2015 outputs
- 6 Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- 7 Summary description
- 8 Inputs
- 9 Activity schedule
- 10 Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
Improve community engagement for OERu planning, implementation, technology innovation and technology integration
- Focus: Design processes and support mechanisms for the establishment and operation of Academic Volunteers International (AVI)
- Incremental design is the preferred modus operandi to ensure agility of the OERu network.
- Open communication with a transparent public record of decisions aims to build community and facilitate long term sustainability.
- To scale capability development the OERu advocates a "pay it forward" model, where the beneficiaries of new OERu skills are encouraged to repay their learning by helping a new community member in the future.
Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
(Provide recommendation for recalibrated target if necessary)
- AVI Process design framework to communicate activities where volunteer help is needed and to coordinate volunteers.
- Progress the Academic Volunteers International process framework to communicate OERu needs and to coordinate active involvement of the volunteer community.
- Establish working group to progress AVI
Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- Add any clarifications here
Provide short description / overview of this proposal for action here
|#||Activity||Summary description||Responsibility||Target date / Duration|
|Example||Survey 1st year BGS requirements||Conduct a survey of OERu partners with a BGS to determine subject requirements for 1st year of study||Curriculum & programme of study group (or individual / institution)||15 April 2015 (or ongoing)|
|1||Revisit previous AVI planning exercises||Review 2011 OERu plan for AVI and the subsequent SCOPE seminar on AVI.||TBD||TBD|
|2||Utilise existing open sites||Explore the availability of online learning support websites which could be utilised for this purpose.||TBD||TBD|
|3||Draw upon existing structures||Institutions all have community service expectations for staff. This could attract academics to AVI service. Consider using structures such as Supplemental Instruction and Meet Up to provide generic support to students as opposed to discipline specific support.||TBD||TBD|
|4||Develop website||Design and develop a website for information about AVI and registration of volunteers. Reconnect with persons who have already expressed an interest in volunteering their services.||David Bull||June 2015|
|5||Volunteer training||Explore existing online training opportunities for volunteers.||TBD||TBD|
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.