Proposal for Action: Parallel mode mOOC delivery by two or more partners
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
- 1 Strategic goal
- 2 Strategic objective
- 3 Strategic approach
- 4 Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
- 5 2015 outputs
- 6 Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- 7 Summary description
- 8 Inputs
- 9 Activity schedule
- 10 Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
Objective 1: Identify, design and implement OERu pilot projects to inform future improvements and innovations in the OERu model
- Focus: Progress implementation of mOOC pilot for parallel mode delivery by two or more partners.
- The OERu subscribes to a design-based research approach where pilots are conceptualised and implemented iteratively in authentic settings.
- Project steps are informed by a series of Probe (making a change), Sense (review), Respond (act) cycles so that each iteration is small enough to fail but when aggregated help to inform overall decision-making.
Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
(Provide recommendation for recalibrated target if necessary)
Progress the implementation of 2 pilot projects
- Identify two or more OERu partners who are able to participate in the pilot
- Identify possible mOOC course (existing mOOC or new mOOC)
- Implement pilot
- Evaluate pilot
Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- This pilot will demonstrate a compelling reuse example for saving cost while serving full-fee registered students at the local institution in parallel with free OERu learners.
- For piloting purposes, could be restricted to embedding one OERu mOOC within existing course taught locally at two or more partners.
- International / inter cultural studies
- Values - belief systems
- Cultural protocols (eg for business)
- Portrayal through media
- Traditional medicine etc.
Provide short description / overview of this proposal for action here
- SP4Ed prototype with University of Canterbury.
|#||Activity||Summary description||Responsibility||Target date / Duration|
|Example||Survey 1st year BGS requirements||Conduct a survey of OERu partners with a BGS to determine subject requirements for 1st year of study||Curriculum & programme of study group (or individual / institution)||15 April 2015 (or ongoing)|
|1||Establish OERu partners who teach intercultural studies||Find out who teach intercultural studies for credit at their instittuions||TBD||TBD|
|2||Identify common core learning outcomes for a mOOC||Research if we can establish a common core set of outcomes for a mOOC||TBD||TBD|
|3||Design and implement prototype||Progress implementation of the prototype||TBD||TBD|
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.