Proposal for Action: Guidelines for credit transfer and course articulation
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
- 1 Strategic goal
- 2 Strategic objective
- 3 Strategic approach
- 4 Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
- 5 2015 outputs
- 6 Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- 7 Summary description
- 8 Inputs
- 9 Activity schedule
- 10 Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
Objective 1: Develop, implement and maintain operational guidelines for OERu quality assurance, credit transfer and course articulation
- Focus: Guidelines for credit transfer and course articulation
- The OERu partners retain decision-making autonomy regarding all aspects of summative assessment, local OERu credit transfer and course articulation.
- The OERu partners retain decision-making autonomy regarding the pricing of related services.
- The OERu focuses on operating within existing institutional policies minimising the need for policy change at partner institutions.
- The OERu does not prescribe or dictate pedagogical models encouraging diversity yet generating opportunities for reuse and improved efficiency for local offerings on campus.
Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
(Provide recommendation for recalibrated target if necessary)
- Finalise OERu guidelines for credit transfer and course articulation targeting 30% adoption by OERu partners by end of 2015
- Develop recommendations for system to coordinate and communicate credit transfer and articulation pathways to OERu learners
- Initial review of OERu guidelines for credit transfer and course articulation
- Engage and consult representative sample of registrar level OERu managers on guidelines for credit transfer and course articualtion
- Collaborative design of OERu system to coordinate articulation agreements
- Design and develop solutions to communicate study pathways, credit transfer and articulation pathways to OERu learners.
Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- Questions relating to unspecified credit and block transfer
Provide short description / overview of this proposal for action here World OERu chair Registrar / UNESCO chairs - distributed leaders for fixed time.
- OERu credit transfer and course articulation guidelines
- Kahnacademy example for navigating college admissions.
|#||Activity||Summary description||Responsibility||Target date / Duration|
|Example||Survey 1st year BGS requirements||Conduct a survey of OERu partners with a BGS to determine subject requirements for 1st year of study||Curriculum & programme of study group (or individual / institution)||15 April 2015 (or ongoing)|
|1||Sample survey with selected partners||Select institutions with robust credit transfer systems and request registrars to review guidelines (one from each region). Refine and get sign-off from these institutions.||TBD||Dec 2014 /2015|
|2||Sign-off to achieve KPI||Aim to achieve sign off by the stated number of OERu partners||TBD||TBD|
|3||Review applicability of VMPass for OERu||Review how the VMPass infrastructure and model could support the OERu||TBD||TBD|
|4||Convene OERu Standing Committee for credit transfer||Establish committee||TBD||TBD|
|5||Develop and complete support handbooks||
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.