|OERNZ aims to nurture and support a thriving community of Kiwi educators collaborating on the development OER teaching materials which we are free to reuse, redistribute, revise, and remix without restriction.
- Imagine having a repository of free digital teaching materials available for all levels and learning outcomes of the New Zealand curriculum.
- Imagine that these resources were available in open formats which you are free to adapt for your own context and integrate into your local learning management system.
- Imagine a community of educators sharing their experiences and best practices in the use of these free teaching materials.
This is what OERNZ is doing and we need your help.
- How long would it take to build a national repository of OER in support of the New Zealand curriculum if every Kiwi teacher could gift the time to develop one OER for the subject or area they teach?
The purpose of this insert is to help generate ideas for you to give the gift of knowledge for our national OER repository.
- View the two videos inserts (on the right) prepared by Albany Senior High School introducing some of their OERNZ projects. Perhaps you would like to collaborate on one of these projects, or their work may inspire your own creativity to start a project of your own.
- You may want to start a free OER portal page for your school -- its very easy to set up and a great way to facilitate collaboration among fellow teachers at your school.
- Consult these ideas for reusable and portable teaching materials.
- Consider submitting an expression of interest for a bounty/honorarium to develop an OER resource for sharing among teachers in New Zealand.
- Perhaps you have existing teaching materials or lesson plans you have created that you would like to donate and share with the OERNZ project. You can use the online file conversion facility to convert existing documents into wiki text format.
- Other ideas? [[../Learning Contract Project|Tell us]] about the content resource you will like to develop to practice your new wiki skills.
We are here to help you and provide advice and support in making OER future happen for New Zealand.